PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > Picture of the Month

Old 03-16-2011, 05:38 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
This is a miracle for sure - amidst all the tragedy a ray of life and hope... thanks for sharing.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.44 MB
Send a message via AIM to Cybermac Send a message via MSN to Cybermac
...in memory of all who died and the ones who suffer...

Thank God for every miracle.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:04 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
I was just thinking, is there somebody here on the forum who has a direct connection to a family, or someone hit directly by this unbelievable disaster? Yu maybe? And if so we could raise some money for this family, I just don't think donating to the Red Cross or something like that would make a difference at this time, but if we can pick just one family and raise some money for them as a community it would at least help them..
Old 03-16-2011, 01:32 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
I just read this in another thread, posted by Jim Krauzlis;

I would like to share with everyone an email I received from Ojimak in response to my efforts to contact him following the earthquake and Tsumani. I hadn't heard back from him until yesterday and thought his friends on this site would like to know he is okay.

"I'm alive. But I live in Fukushima. And there are nuclear power plants. Your e-mail encouraged me. Thank you. Japan is now a very hard time but I believe it would recover.
Japan is hoping for support from all over the world.
Please please help Japan.

Ojimak"

I know Ojimak is in my thoughts and prayers and I am contributing to some organizations which I think will provide the most help and relieve to my friends in Japan, beyond those brave and selfless efforts of the US Navy currently on scene, as well as others around the world.

I hope our Japanese friends know many people the world over are trying to help them as to their immediate needs as well as in providing help in what they may need in the future given the potential enduring effects of some of the difficulties they are dealing with.

I find this is a people with wonderful resiliance and strength and know they will recover from the devastation which as befallen upon their island nation, but whatever help we can all render would certainly help and be very much appreciated.

I just thought you would like to know.

Cheers!
Jim
Old 03-16-2011, 06:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I can't seem to find any additional words to that which has already been said in full support of our friends in Japan. In these hard times it is hard to imagine, but the sun always finds a way to shine again.... until then, they will be in our hearts and minds - praying for better days to come soon...

Ken
Old 03-16-2011, 07:47 PM

As a Japanese national I appreciate members’ encouragement and sympathy for those who perished and suffering shivering cold weather and hunger in northeastern Japan where hundreds of thousand of people are taking shelter.
According to Japanese media, present adversities sufferers are facing are shortage of water, food, electricity, gasoline, medical facility and etc.

Devastated oil refinery, relay station and ruined road here and there hamper delivery of gasoline. Gasoline shortage and ruined road also make it difficult to deliver relief goods.

I learned yesterday 14 elderly people died in a shelter and I am worried about more death because of cold weather, hunger, lack of medical facility and etc.

Some drinking water manufacturers are increasing production and there seems to be plenty of foods (perhaps so) are in Japan but present issue seems to be how to deliver them to earthquake victims…..
Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.92 MB
To the many comments and good wishes that have been made here I can only add that we have many Canadians of Japanese origin here, and that they have always been model citizens in Canada and that there are many heavy hearts here as well. I have many times wondered, how could such good people have so much tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to you. And, yes , I am donating as well. Every bit helps.
I wish you a speedy recovery and pray that no more tragedies will occur. Dave
Old 03-16-2011, 10:03 PM

I have a strong faith that not only will the Japanese people recover but be stronger for it. Please consider what the whole country went through at the end of the war up to the present day.

I have faith.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:05 PM

I tried to think what I can do for the crisis and Japan and like most of you here you most likely of you do origami as well. So you are most likely aware as well of the idea of 1,000 cranes that is fold 1,000 cranes and you will be granted a wish. So I intend to fold 1,000 cranes with the wish that the suffering and despair will be lifted. I started a page of facebook for weekly updates and postings. If any of you have a facebook page it's called 1,000 cranes for Japan. My hope is a few people will join in and fold with me or follow along and be part of the spirit of goodwill.