PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 04-21-2008, 08:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Julian wrote: "It's NOT an LMS locomotive...... It's a Great Western (GWR) Locomotive painted red."

Julian -- Many thanks for this correction. You may imagine me red (or crimson lake) with embarrassment for not recognizing a GWR Hall Class locomotive, since I am a member of the Great Western Society!

Obviously, I had not done any checking beyond a superficial glimpse of the photo when I made the posting.

I note in the Wikipedia article about the locomotive it is said that: "The new livery is not well appreciated by purists, particularly the maroon paint which was used by the GWR's rivals the Midland and its successor the LMS -- the GWR used Brunswick Green." So, alas, the color led me astray.

Cheers!

Don
Old 04-21-2008, 04:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosed View Post
Julian wrote: Julian -- Many thanks for this correction. You may imagine me red (or crimson lake) with embarrassment for not recognizing a GWR Hall Class locomotive, since I am a member of the Great Western Society!
ROFL... :D That's OK Don. Personally I'm an LMS person. My Great Grandfather was an LNWR Driver, and my Grandfather was an LMS / British Railways Driver.

So I'm kind of amused by all the jumping up and down and gnashing of teeth from all those GWR Grinding Wobbly Rotbox people... LOL

I was talking to the ticket inspector at Bodmin and Wenford Railway last week... He said when he joined the first question the rest of the staff asked was are you a Southern or GWR bloke?? He said "neither I'm LNER"... You can imagine the reaction on an ex GWR line in Cornwall.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
LINK: Designing America's First Railway Locomotive, "Stourbridge Lion"
Old 10-12-2008, 12:38 PM

Lner

My father worked for LNER, he was a checker at one of the marshalling yards at Grimsby. All down the north east it was known as the "Late & Never Early Railway.

Ken
Old 08-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Time out

Nice clean build you got there! Looks great!

-Matthew
Old 08-27-2013, 01:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Those interested in the work of the Pirling brothers (Albrecht is the designer, Adolf the builder) may like to check out my Collection on Flickr: New Photo Collection, via www.zeistbouwplaten.nl's Photostream
The set 'Road and Rail' contains pictures of nearly all their models.

By the way: Please let me kno w if you have pictures of your own to contribute - the more the better. Sharpness is my only criterion!
Google Adsense