PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
ANGRAF Lokomo Elektr E92

Am studying the plains/drawings for this Deutsche Reichbahn Electric Locomotive E92. I purchased this, just before Christmas from Paper Model Store as a gift to myself. After watching all these great projects underway in the Railway Related Builds, I thought, why not, take a break from the normal subject and try again my hand on another Loco. I am a BIG fan of Angraf and have several of their kits stashed away, one of my fav's, a Famo. So this will officially kick off this slow, again may I stress, slow, take my time build of this wonderful train engine. What I find interesting is, this is really two engines connected @ the center, electric drive locomotive. Have not had too much luck finding info about her though, for me that is a bummer, I like to research the subject I am building and look for those details that get lost in the design. I also purchased the laser cut wheels and the PE set for the E92. Heck, the PE set cost almost as much as the kit!
Attached Thumbnails
ANGRAF Lokomo Elektr E92-work-area.jpg   ANGRAF Lokomo Elektr E92-laser-cut-wheels.png  
Old 02-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Banned

Nice, looks like a great project. You'll be a pro with that circle cutter!!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I've been eying up their 1/200 Graf Zeppelin carrier but am doing my best to NOT buy or start any more modelling before at least finishing Udanyj...

Will be following this build with interest as we don't see many rail builds here and I am also interested in giving one a crack, one day...
Old 02-09-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
I've been eying up their 1/200 Graf Zeppelin carrier but am doing my best to NOT buy or start any more modelling before at least finishing Udanyj...

Will be following this build with interest as we don't see many rail builds here and I am also interested in giving one a crack, one day...
Where did you find one, 1/200 Angraf Graf Zeppelin, grab that sucker up. I have searched for 2 years for a copy, all I ever find is OOS.

Go ahead and give a loco a try. I agree, not many builds posted from this side of the Big Pond.

Modelik has a LXD2 out, available @ Paper Model Store, come on, start a thread

Rick
Old 02-09-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Nice, looks like a great project. You'll be a pro with that circle cutter!!
Hello my friend, funny you should notice the circle cutter, the dang thing was a bear to nail down and get one, the irony of the posted photo, I placed a circle cutter on top of a set of laser cut parts.

I learned back when, if you can get the wheels as a laser cut set, go ahead and spring for them, if not, then you will need a good, key word being good circle cutter to cut out all the parts that make up a single wheel. For this model, ea. wheel is made up of 13 rims, plus spokes x 12 wheels, 3 sets per truck. Thats alot of round parts to cut out and keep them concentric. I plain to start work on this beauty tonight. I am really excited to build this Locomotive.

Rick
Old 02-09-2011, 10:38 PM

Has officially started. Begin with assembly of the front bumpers. Pretty hard to see in the photo, using Avantcard 1.5mm nuts where indicated on plate #36, the base for the bumper assembly.
Attached Thumbnails
ANGRAF Lokomo Elektr E92-bumper.jpg   ANGRAF Lokomo Elektr E92-dsc00088.jpg  
Old 02-09-2011, 11:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papercut View Post
Where did you find one, 1/200 Angraf Graf Zeppelin, grab that sucker up. I have searched for 2 years for a copy, all I ever find is OOS.

Go ahead and give a loco a try. I agree, not many builds posted from this side of the Big Pond.

Modelik has a LXD2 out, available @ Paper Model Store, come on, start a thread

Rick
Try here (modellservice - der Kartonmodellshop) EU178 for the model + all the detail bits...

Curse you, Red Baron!!! Now I'm tempted too...

Last edited by SJPONeill; 02-09-2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: didn't know my = from my +
Old 02-10-2011, 12:14 AM

Thanks for the web site. I will order the Graf Zep if you order a loco. But don't let me talk you into it: chicken. LOL
Old 02-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Eternal Member

PC: All of those wheel parts... how are you gonna cut all of those wheel parts....?
JR
Old 02-10-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcarver View Post
PC: All of those wheel parts... how are you gonna cut all of those wheel parts....?
JR
Got the laser cut set that makes up the wheels. Other wise, would take along time using the circle cutter you see in the 1st photos.