PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 06-24-2013, 06:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
clowns in the windows

This is what I have come up with so far for the windows of the passenger car. Perfect they ain't but an artist I ain't....lol. I will continue trying to improve on them as time allows, they sort of look like one of my family reunions but don't tell 'em I said that. If anyone has any ideas please don't hesitate to let me know.
Thanks
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Locomotive - sort of-passcar-b-color11.jpg  
Old 06-24-2013, 07:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Those fit the theme of the train pretty well, keep 'em.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
They look great to me Dan. Same both sides, or a different set?

Now for the driver and the guard figures, eh?

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:24 PM

Thanks southwestforests and Johnny I think I will go ahead with those. I have the elephant car about finished but I'm not too proud of it. The marker I used to color the edges bled through the ink so it looks a bit rough, I'll try to post some pictures of it tomorrow. I am going to experiment with some colored card stock and see how that goes - it can't be much worse....lol
Thanks,
Dan
Old 07-05-2013, 09:31 PM

Elephant Car

Here is a shot of the elephant car, I know it looks pretty sorry - I tried a new brand of marker to color the edges and it bled worse than the old ones, oh well, stuff happens. I am going to redo the thing on colored card stock but I will still have to color the edges; it seems the stuff I bought is simply colored on both sides and not all the way through. What type of colored pencils would be best for this? I would try paint but paint and I do not get along well together.
Attached Thumbnails
Locomotive - sort of-img_0312.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-05-2013, 09:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Berol Prismacolor are very good colored pencils in my, since 1979, years of experience with them. About two dollars a pop these days but there's reason for that.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:59 PM

Thanks southwestforests! I'll give them a try
Old 07-12-2013, 09:08 AM

I have nearly finished a redo of the elephant car using colored cardstock. I was a little disappointed with the cardstock I used - it was simply colored on both sides and not all the way through but even with that I think it looks much better than my first attempt. I also revamped the base of the car to get rid of the "Plain Jane" look. So keep the faith folks someday this thing will be done - if I live that long......lol. Pictures when the car is done.
Thanks,
Dan
Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 PM

All I need now is the elephants

It has been a while but I finally got the elephant car assembled, all I have to do is make a couple of elephants, glue them in place and put the top on. I should have some pictures in the next day or two. I have done a little rework on the car and I think it has improved the looks of it.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 PM

Confession...........kinda

Okay, it has been a while since I posted anything about the train and here is why, my wife decided she wanted to fix up an old house so off she goes to find one - and she does. She bought a 3000 sq. ft. 2 story house that was built in 1896 that just needed a little work. All it really needed was about a ton of old plaster removed from the walls and replaced with dry wall. totally re-plumbed, and all new wiring, and new flooring and remodeled in general and if this weren't enough to me it looks just like the Amityville house. So she has kept me very busy working on this money pit, I mean house, but we can now see a small glimmer of light at the end of a really long tunnel and she already has renters lined up. Anyway, when and if this thing is ever finished I will get back to the train - keep the faith, I will return.......I hope.
Google Adsense

Tags
locomotive, train