PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Absolutely stunning. You mentioned above 'Model Builder's Brickyard feature'. What is that?
Old 06-14-2013, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
This is a brilliant and artistic piece of work. I am especially impressed by your use of layering for the windows and trim. It is a pleasure to observe your progress; thank you for sharing with us.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Marvelous work! So much architectural detail at 1/200! Very nice cutting work on those tiny window frames.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.31 MB
Hello Friends,

Thank you very much for your kind words and enthusiastic support! I greatly appreciate it.

Vermin, Model Builder is a software program that allows you to build very simple buildings in a variety of scales. I have to say it did not live up to my expectations and the developer has (in my opinion) done little to update or further the program. When I have any serious designing to do, I find CorelDraw is best. There ae a few threads on PM about ModelBuilder. However, one excellent feature is the ability to scale and print various stone and brick textures (the "Brickyard"). In this case, I scaled the texture, exported the image and using layers in Photoshop incorporated it into my model.

Kind Regards,

Cris
Old 06-15-2013, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I am very happy to watch progress on this thread and to view updates on your other threads regarding this diorama. Fine work Sir.
Google Adsense
Old 06-15-2013, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Terrific - Makes it clear that the original LS III design was a mere hasty sketch. Wonder how much Heighway would have expanded it had he lived?
Old 06-15-2013, 06:08 PM

Hello Friends,

Here I have settled on a base size (of course I wanted to make it bigger...more trains!) but this seems reasonable and will not take me until the end of the year to complete. I have also scratch built a lamp post, mail box and kiosk just to add something for the eye. Here also is a picture of the vehicles (which I built in other threads) that I will add to the front of the diorama.

Dusty, I am honored that one of your six posts is in my humble thread. Thank you!

Rob, I have wondered for almost 20 years what he would have done. That hint of a wall you can see on the cover card leads you to believe a great deal was planned. I suspect in reality, it represents the wall between the two stations at Victoria. I am certain that whatever he had in mind would have been much more grand than my efforts. In the same way, its heartbreaking that set SD-1-8 (which I firmly believe was based on King's Cross) never really got off the drafting table...except one lone documented picture.

Kind Regards,

Cris
Attached Thumbnails
Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5645.jpg   Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5646.jpg   Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5648.jpg   Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5649.jpg   Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5676.jpg  

Old 06-16-2013, 01:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 128.43 MB
Hello Cris!
Amazing work, looking forward to the sequel!
Best regards, Joe
Old 06-16-2013, 05:43 PM

Hello Friends,

I have added a few more details to the front of the diorama and made a good start on the platform side.

Joe, thanks for your kind words.

Best Regards,

Cris
Attached Thumbnails
Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5677.jpg   Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5678.jpg   Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5679.jpg   Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5681.jpg   Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5684.jpg  

Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5683.jpg   Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5685.jpg   Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-1995-7233_livst_dp_386.jpg  
Old 06-19-2013, 04:35 AM

Hello Friends,

The 700+ sleepers are installed and ballasted. I have also built and installed the platforms.

Kind Regards,

Cris
Attached Thumbnails
Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5686.jpg   Micromodels LS III "Terminal Station" Diorama-dscf5687.jpg  
Google Adsense