PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 10-21-2013, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 293.96 MB
OhioMike, don't let the CAD stop you. I do all of my models in plain ol' MSPaint. Yes, it takes a bit of learning for some of the math involved, but once I know it, I'll always have it and can make models anywhere, even freehand...
Old 10-22-2013, 12:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
Can you pm me or give me a link for pointers on useing MS paint for designing models? Thanks
Mike
Old 10-24-2013, 05:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I was designing a scaled (N) streamlined Princess Coronation in Wartime Black some months ago. I still have the main templates on my old computer, but they were still in development. I drew them up based on an existing "Duchess" template and merely added the casing around the base chassis. Contact me via e-mail and I can dig them out if it's in interest.

The reason you don't find many of these streamlined locos in card form owes to much of the paneling being near-impossible to recreate, especially in the smaller scales. I've had much fuss with this over the years...

As for existing models, look around for Micromodels F I which featured a PLM French streamliner and a German 05 in cladding. The PLM loco is inaccurate as the model shows it as a 4-6-2 whilst the real engine was a 4-4-2. There's also Set M II with a streamlined Coronation and West Country class - the Coronation is a beast to build up, but I've successfully brought up one roughly two years ago. The West Country class is easier in contrast. They also did a PRR Duplex in Set AI and at least a couple others - this site should be of use. Database World of Micromodels

I can't think of any other sources on hand, but I recall seeing a card German Class 03 as a red streamliner on some foreign site. As I recall it wasn't free.

Tags
streamliners