PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 11-05-2015, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 22.25 MB
Some very nice stuff here, also clevermod01 do you posibly have a link to where you found those motors? They seem like something I could use.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 28.46 MB
I dont have a link but if you search "Hobby japan" you should find them. also the boxcab is powered by the 6 wheeled bachman "Plymouth switcher" mechanism. very common.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 528.35 MB
LOL! I just tore the rotating motor out of an old broken microwave with the intention of using it to drive a paper train model. I was going for super small however. the motor moves at 6rpm, very slow, My idea is to mount it under the tracks, with an extension arm. on the end of the arm I'd have a piece of metal, and have that ride right under the bottom of the train layout. the train would have a neodydium magnet in its engine that would be pulled along from underneath.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.25 MB
Smile Card Bodies Model Tram Trains

I arrived at card modelling while checking out quick ways of making model bodies. So far mainly simple printed outlines then folded and glued up. These are then placed over a model rail chassis.

This YouTube Video: (not the best quality)https://youtu.be/kot3p42yWNE
shows a few efforts. All use the chassis from an Underground Ernie model. These were made by Bachmann. Trailers use bogies from the trailers of these models. However the trailer chassis are made from 1.5mm thick Bristol card.

This video: https://youtu.be/i4qrSJ3JJlM shows a model body on an old diesel loco chassis. It is 'under test' on a temporary line in the garage! Again printed and folded outline. Around 200gsm card stiffened by 1.5mm Bristol card.

PS Please ignore untidy workbench
Old 12-26-2015, 08:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you for sharing Siltec!
Google Adsense
Old 12-27-2015, 09:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.26 GB
When my dad and uncle returned from WW2 they started model railroading. A flood destroyed the collection of magazines they had, so I have enjoyed trying to re-collect a set. Looking at the back issues you can find several articles about building from scratch using wood or metal. Following those techniques, a person "should" be able to build as desired.

Somewhere along the way, I have collected a book describing how to build a brass HO a steam and a diesel locomotives as well upgrading even plastic.

Occasionally I hear rumors of people who build live steam that can be ridden on; This may require a machine shop.

Bob Neill
Old 12-27-2015, 11:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 283.81 MB
I'm building one of these as a narrow gauge loco in 1:24 scale. The chassis is from a toy Christmas train and the rig will be battery powered. I built a mockup from paper, and was originally going to make the final version of paper. But, I decided to use styrene for the working model. I think the paper model will become a 'wreck' in the boneyard somewhere.

The Modelik kit became patterns for the project.

Here the crew is arguing about the fact that none of them can stand up in the cab. After a look at the owners manual, they decided to raise the roof on the final version.

The advantage of simplifying origami are twofold.

Tags
powered, railways