PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 09-08-2021, 07:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Peter,
Haha, yes, I had the similar experience before. In my case, I received HMS Victory Shipyard 1:96, which is stored in my closet still. I cannot be sure if I will start it as it requires huge commitment.

Ty2
It is very famous Polish locomotive and the angraf Ty2 is great model. However it requires a lot of ‘imagination power’ as the instruction is not detailed enough. Need to fully understand the instruction and parts, pre-assemble in your head first and build. Another good way is to search for the build report available via googling.
Anyways, once it is done, I think it would be great model to have in your living room.

White Parts
As mentioned, I use LC (laser cutter) to minimize stress on my hands (some issues with both). It requires illustrator to generate plans for LC to cut. I didn’t have any knowledge about illustrator and had to learn/get used to.
Fully practiced during Py27 and now I think I know what I’m doing.

Painting
I started to use airbrush from Py27. It was tricky at the beginning and I think I established my style.

Looking forward to your Ty2 build log sometime in future.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
That's stunning work Joon Kwon, apart from your qualities as a builder it seems to me that Angraf train models are very detailed, even the weld seams are visible on the fire box, or did you create this detail yourself? In any case, looking forward to seeing more of this build.

I wonder what magic would come out of your hands if you try Papertrade's A4 Pacific "Sir Nigel Gresley"....

Regards,
Erik
Old 09-09-2021, 05:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.28 MB
This locomotive is beautiful and your model is absolutely resplendent, the idea of painting the parts was really great!
Far, far ago, before I begun to use scissors and glue myself, as a child I was fascinated in the German steam locomotives, especially those war locos (Kriegslok) Br 01 and Br 52. Polish Ty 2 series is the same as German Baureihe 52. I still remember me standing on the platform and watching these mighty machines dragging the double decker (bilevel) carriages Bipa series and sleeping cars. Few years later I travelled few times from Warsaw to Zakopane in the Tatra Mts by night, lying in the compartment and hearing the clatter of wheels on the jointed track and inhalling the smell of smoke... Unforgettable early memory...

Exactly two days ago I heard that one of these machines was repurchased and saved from scrapping - it will be restored and displayed as a technical monument.
Piastow kupił parowoz Ty2-220 z Tłuszcza. Stanie jako pomnik przy stacji - Wszystko na temat branży kolejowej: PKP, Intercity, przewozy regionalne, koleje mazowieckie, rozkłady jazdy PKP, Kolej
Old 09-09-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Zwaan View Post
That's stunning work Joon Kwon, apart from your qualities as a builder it seems to me that Angraf train models are very detailed, even the weld seams are visible on the fire box, or did you create this detail yourself? In any case, looking forward to seeing more of this build.
I wonder what magic would come out of your hands if you try Papertrade's A4 Pacific "Sir Nigel Gresley"....
Hi Erik,
Yes, the model has all detailed parts baked in already. On top of that, I add some more details based on pictures of the locomotive and build log of others. The weld line is created using wood glue. Using masking tape, make a thin slot/opening on the surface, apply wood glue and remove the masking tape before the glue completely dried. (you can see the picture at the 4th post of this thread).
Thanks for bringing up the name "Sir Nigel Gresley". Fascinating locomotive, which I may consider sometime later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viator View Post
This locomotive is beautiful and your model is absolutely resplendent, the idea of painting the parts was really great!
Far, far ago, before I begun to use scissors and glue myself, as a child I was fascinated in the German steam locomotives, especially those war locos (Kriegslok) Br 01 and Br 52. Polish Ty 2 series is the same as German Baureihe 52. I still remember me standing on the platform and watching these mighty machines dragging the double decker (bilevel) carriages Bipa series and sleeping cars. Few years later I travelled few times from Warsaw to Zakopane in the Tatra Mts by night, lying in the compartment and hearing the clatter of wheels on the jointed track and inhalling the smell of smoke... Unforgettable early memory...
Exactly two days ago I heard that one of these machines was repurchased and saved from scrapping - it will be restored and displayed as a technical monument.
Hi Viator,
It seems you have a great memory with it and glad to hear that one more locomotive is saved and restored. I would like to visit and see the beautiful huge machine in person someday.

Thanks a lot !
Old 09-09-2021, 11:41 AM

Not at all!

I think in Poland few more big steam locomotives are still preserved as monuments and few are still operable in Wolsztyn depot or maybe somewhere else too. I will try to find a webpage with their register (few years ago I found one on the Internet).
Good luck, friend!
Old 09-09-2021, 06:42 PM

Hi Viator,
Thanks for your kindness. Hope I can visit the museum(s) sometime in the future.

Weathering the frame
As I did for Py27, use diluted brown acrylic paint was applied multiple times.
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1565.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1599-copy.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1600.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1601.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1602.jpg  

Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1604.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1605.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1606.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1607.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1609.jpg  

Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1612.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1613d.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1634.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1635.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1636.jpg  

Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1637.jpg  
Old 09-10-2021, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viator View Post
Not at all!

I think in Poland few more big steam locomotives are still preserved as monuments and few are still operable in Wolsztyn depot or maybe somewhere else too. I will try to find a webpage with their register (few years ago I found one on the Internet).
Good luck, friend!
It turned out that for the moment there is more than 40 of Ty-2s preserved, however many of them are still awaiting the general renovation so they are not rescued from scrapping yet. In the attachment thare is a list with descriptions translated into English. The full list (less or more up-to-date) of the all normal gauge steam locos preserved in Poland you can find at:
Wciaz pod para... | Polskie parowozy
Each locomotive has its own detailed webpage, accessible by clicking on its name, containing basic characteristics and images (rather general views than detailed ones but maybe you will find them useful).
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-register-ty-2-steam-locomotives-preserved-poland-acess-2021-09-10-.docx.jpg  

Last edited by Viator; 09-10-2021 at 04:39 AM.
Old 09-10-2021, 06:48 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
You have great techniques for making card look like weathered metal.
It's a pleasure to watch.
Mike
Old 09-10-2021, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
can not find fault with this great build the weathering is out standing awesome
Old 09-22-2021, 11:42 AM

Hi Viator, Thanks for the info. I hope COVID ends soon and I can feely visit those locations.

Hi Michael, The weathering here is based on very simple technique. Hope other members can try.

Hi Rifleman, Thanks for your encouragement!

Moving on Boiler for weathering.
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1638d.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1639.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1642d.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1653d.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1655d.jpg  

Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1747.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1748.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1749.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1750.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1754.jpg  

Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1759.jpg   Paper Model, Ty2, Angraf 1/25-img_1790d.jpg  
Google Adsense