PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 11-24-2022, 09:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 924.73 MB
Ricardo is a sinonymous of precission cut, neat assembly and a perfect building. I believe he's able to reduce himself his own size to build models with this precission :-)
Old 11-25-2022, 08:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the comments, friends

@Erik – yes, the door hinges were built to be able to rotate. However, any hinge misalignment, coupled with the small gluing surfaces, makes them very fragile. It is all too easy for the glue to fail or, more probably, for the paper to delaminate locally.
@ Ciuttso – it would help, yes

The roofs were shaped in the same way as the closed cargo wagon. I’m not sure that the internal lights should look like this…
Attached Thumbnails
A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c122.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c123.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c124.jpg  
Old 11-25-2022, 08:55 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIUTTSO View Post
Ricardo is a sinonymous of precission cut, neat assembly and a perfect building. I believe he's able to reduce himself his own size to build models with this precission :-)
I agree.
That blue railcar is perfect.
Mike
Old 11-28-2022, 08:11 AM

Thanks, Michael The kit, unlike some other kits from Modelik, doesn’t include parts for the railway. I copied parts from another Modelik kit. Several copies were needed, as this model is 1,25m long! The last pictures show the (paper) chain links.
Attached Thumbnails
A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c125.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c126.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c127.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c128.jpg  
Old 11-28-2022, 08:38 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
The chain links from paper are impressive.
Google Adsense
Old 11-29-2022, 02:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
What a work, cutting out those chain links. It would drive me mad. For a train, you need rails! And a nice background for the final picture gallery . Excellent job Ricardo!

Erik
Old 11-29-2022, 02:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
It's been an absolute joy to follow this build. It reminds me of Darjeeeling Himalaya line in India and that I've long wanted to build that locomotive (Canon has it).

Like your's it has a charming toy like appearance which is nice. Anyways, looking forward seeing your train on tracks.

Tappi
Old 11-30-2022, 08:21 AM

@ Michael and Erik – the “trick” for the paper chain links is to cut just a few every day
@ Tappi – thanks for the link That locomotive looks so peculiar and colorful! It makes a pretty subject. The detail level is, at first sight, somewhat below Modelik’s standard, which is lower than Angraf’s standard. I find Modelik’s detail level just fine. It is a pity that they virtually stopped publishing. They might be more successful if choosing more international and colorful subjects like the one you pointed to. I'd be a ready buyer...
And there it is! I found it awkward to take decent pictures of a model that is so long and thin. Maybe the side pictures look better. I can assure you that the real model is more appealing that the pictures. In my view, at least…
Regarding assembly, it is not without problems. They are not serious and, being aware of them, you can spare the extra work I spent in corrections. Further to the 1738 kit parts, I added 3783 rivets (probably some more…) 82 parts for the railway and 30 for the chain links. The kit is old, and the instructions are sketchy, but the assembly proved very enjoyable.
Attached Thumbnails
A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-g01.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-g02.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-g03.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-g04.jpg  
Old 11-30-2022, 08:22 AM

Side views...
Attached Thumbnails
A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-l01.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-l02.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-l03.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-l04.jpg  
Old 11-30-2022, 08:24 AM

And the last ones. My next subject in the forum will be a plane but I plan to be back here soon, with another Modelik train...
Attached Thumbnails
A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-l05.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-l06.jpg  
Google Adsense

Tags
1/25 scale, bn2t, modelik