PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 11-27-2023, 09:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The challenge you mentioned, particularly in achieving the curves over the rear wheels, adds a unique aspect to your project. Starting with 3D drawings in Sketchup and planning to create patterns from them demonstrates your meticulous approach to craftsmanship. The attention to detail, like the taper over the wheels for enhanced rear visibility, showcases your dedication to accuracy in modeling.
Old 11-30-2023, 03:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedpiu View Post
The challenge you mentioned, particularly in achieving the curves over the rear wheels, adds a unique aspect to your project. Starting with 3D drawings in Sketchup and planning to create patterns from them demonstrates your meticulous approach to craftsmanship. The attention to detail, like the taper over the wheels for enhanced rear visibility, showcases your dedication to accuracy in modeling.

While your project has been ongoing for some time, it's never too late to explore resources like Angus Lift Trucks, even if they primarily focus on forklift hire. You might come across valuable insights or ideas that could further enhance your miniature forklift design.
Old 12-03-2023, 04:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
Thank you blessedpiu for your kind comments and helpful suggestions. The Hyster H360 in the US or H16 in the EU fork lift was designed to fit into a lumber yard scene on my model railroad set in the 1970s. To find drawings and photos from that time period, I did as you suggested and searched websites offering used equipment and parts for sale. The photos of the used parts often show details that one can’t see even on a walk around. I am currently working on a Yale G82P for lift to go with a 1960s style freight house with a loading dock. I think I have enough dimensions and photos to design and build a machine that is more than a half decade old. That time period is before safety cages, a small detail that can be seen in the attached photo. Thank you again
Attached Thumbnails
forklift to unload railcars-forklift-unload-boxcar-yale.jpg   forklift to unload railcars-mast-bearing-goes-around-axle.jpg   forklift to unload railcars-yale-g82p.jpg