PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
Pennies is still money, ARMORMAN! Even my wife and I both have a good paying job still, thanks GOD. But every time she and I see pennies laying around on the streets we'll still picking them up with joy. We'll roll them up and put in the bank. Every pennies we picked up is free money to us. Ten pennies make a dime and so on. So keep chucking them away people. I'll be there to pick them all up with a big smile. Thank you very much! See my picture. I just picked up couple pennies that day when they took my pictures.

What give, Zathros? Dude! A thousands bucks is a thousands bucks! So what if it took a months and months to get. It's still a thousands bucks more then one have before. Of course one still keep his /her day job, if one still have job nowadays. Don't forget to chuck your pennies, Zathros.
Hey, you not supposed to pick up money that is on the street, That money is for "Widows and the Fatherless, etc.", as gleaning the fields was in ancient Biblical times. I tell my son not to pickup change on the street. I tell him to leave it there for either the person who dropped it, or, for someone who may really need it.

Gleaning

Another form of social provision was gleaning. We need to understand this. Narrow pathways would separate the fields of the different farmers or families. The Jews were forbidden from harvesting the corners of their fields. Why? As a form of social welfare provision, the poor, the widows, the orphans, the socially disenfranchised, even sojourners (foreigners traveling through the land), had the right to glean.

Thousands of dollars making models? I'd rather fix TV's, or audio equipment. I can fix a TV in an hour or two and charge $300 bucks. How long does it take to make a model? Someone comes to me because their $8000 Lawn Tractor (not the cheap Sears kind), cracks the deck. I prepare the metal, weld it, and charge $300 dollars, for an hour and a half's work. How long does it take to make a paper model? Don't quit your day job is right. Actually, if you need money really bad, don't build paper models at all and put that time to better work (this excludes certain persons i know who do this professionally, they know who they are, and out of respect for their privacy, I do not say their names).

I really enjoy the Hobby aspect of paper modeling. It is the best part. The sharing of ideas. The Free sharing of ideas. The exchange that goes on. I guess the money aspect, is what always brings up this question of "rights'. Someone wants to make money (nothing wrong with that ) and then this question arises, it used to be eery 6 months, it seems like every 3 months.

When this question rises up, and you (me) voice an opinion, there's always insults as in :

"I have made thousands of dollars from paper modeling, and I know quite a few people who make more than me, I am sorry that you have not been as successful with your models." and "The simple and correct solution is ask first don't assume." by malted falcon

That is the sad and worst aspect of this Hobby. Here is someone judging my input and being negative about it, knows nothing about what he could not see, but what has happened is the discussing and making paper models for fun has become burdensome and boorish.

"To be or not to be, that is the question:
Whether \'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing, end them"..............................all this over paper models ? ......................get a life comes to mind.
Attached Images
Ethics of kit conversions-bbnhmoht.gif 
Old 09-30-2011, 09:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
LMAO
This line is the best.

Quote:
all this over paper models ? ......................get a life comes to mind.
especially after posting 6 of the 42 posts in this thread,
These 6 posts consisting of more sentences and words than all 36 of the other posts put together!

This is hilarious.

So when people agree with you, they are your best buddy?
but if they disagree, they must be attacking you personally?
Just calling it the way I see it.

Quote:
When this question rises up, and you (me) voice an opinion, there's always insults
Quote:
Here is someone judging my input and being negative about it, knows nothing about what he could not see, but what has happened is the discussing and making paper models for fun has become burdensome and boorish.

Last edited by airdave; 09-30-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Well, guys, it's time to cut and run. If I ever design something and you want to make an add-on and sell it as a complement to the basic model, go ahead. It's legal, and it might help to sell my product even more!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
Well, guys, it's time to cut and run. If I ever design something and you want to make an add-on and sell it as a complement to the basic model, go ahead. It's legal, and it might help to sell my product even more!
exactly the point...
Kooklik let me repaint his Sub after sales had started to slow down.
If nothing else it helped sell Subs for both of us.

But if I hadn't gotten Kooklik's permission, then I think it would just have been "bad form" to continue.
Chris Gutzmer knows this, and thats one of the reasons his business is thriving.

I'm done with this thread too...always a blast.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Why so serious(in The Joker's tone). Debate like this never get anywhere but all good fun!
Google Adsense
Old 09-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Banned

Oh! no quid quo pro, Sorry!

Last edited by Zathros; 09-30-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: sensitivities
Old 09-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
Why so serious(in The Joker's tone). Debate like this never get anywhere but all good fun!
Yup, your right, goes nowhere, not even fun!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:31 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Alright folks, kicking you out of the sandbox on this one, closing this thread
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Closed Thread