PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 07-06-2018, 05:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Corgi collectible envy . . .

. . . probably explains why I've been doing British vehicle recolors for the last two uploads. This time it's a kitbash and recolors of Paper Bus Connection's Guy Arab V single decker and Daimler CVG5/A double decker into the Leyland Tiger PS1 ECW and Brtistol L ECW single deck buses. There's so few 1950s British single decker bus models that it was worth the work to kitbash these two, and Corgi does a good number of liveries. Believe it or not, I picked versions which had the highest resolution pictures where the tiniest text remained readable (I'm obsessive that way).

Corgi uses the same casting for these two, so I will too - these should go nicely with Denis' Bedford and Volker's 2014 circus themed 1950s Britsh vehicles. Add the free OO railroad buildings from UK websites and there's your diorama!

As usual, these will be available pending moderator approval.

Last edited by lfuente; 07-06-2018 at 05:48 AM. Reason: added text
Old 07-06-2018, 07:35 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Approved and available in the Downloads section!
Old 07-08-2018, 04:31 AM

Even more Corgi madness

When I found a Hong Kong Paperbus of the Bristol Lodekka I just had to recolor another of those rare models. It needed some editing to get the right bug-eyed front of the real thing. I did look at real pictures but used Corgi pictures as the main reference.

Scots and Welsh this time, to offset the 'London Bus' stereotype!

As usual, these will be available pending moderator approval.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Approved and available in the Downloads section!
Old 07-18-2018, 01:57 AM

1 new recolor . . .

. . . for now, I'm waiting on permission to share another recolor. This time it's the Regal Reliant Supervan from 3wheelers.com (yes, the notorious Del Boy microvan).

Just using MS Powerpoint limited what I could do so no drastic recolors, just shades of blue. I am really pleased at how my BOAC microvan recolor came out, and it's more accurate than Corgi's version as it has the 1966 front grille.

Considering how little space it used I added another recolor, but Mr. Bean's archenemy was too easy. I settled on the 1970 'Safari' special version with black roof and side stripes, roof window and registration plates from the 3wheelers.com commemorative model.

To be available pending moderator approval as usual. Is anyone actually looking forward to this?

Last edited by lfuente; 07-18-2018 at 01:59 AM. Reason: added text
Google Adsense
Old 07-25-2018, 08:14 AM

Some delayed uploads

My internet access was down for over a week so I'm just uploading these now:

1) Bristol LD6 Lodekka double decker - note this is different from the previous FLF6G, it's the older and shorter Lodekka. Another lucky Wayback Machine find from the Paper Bus Connection links page.

2) AEC Routemaster RMA double decker bus - this is the iconic London Bus (Routemaster RM) as available from Paper Bus Connection, except this is the RMA front entrance version as commissioned by British European Airways for passenger transport. And it has a towing hook for a baggage trailer (not included)!

3) Douglas C-47 Dakota in two 1950s PAF liveries, another recolor of a Bruno Vanhecke original.

Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay died when his PAF C-47 'Mount Pinatubo' crashed near Cebu on 17 March 1957, leaving one survivor. Journalist Nestor Mata recently passed away on 12 April 2018, and inspired this recolor.

A USAF archive photo dated 3/5/51 taken in Korea shows serial 2100925 in PAF livery, suggesting it was used by the Philippine Expeditionary Forces to Korea (PEFTOK). The 'Mount Pinatubo' presidential aircraft livery is conjectural, but based on 1950s photos of C-47s in PAF service.

More to come, but as usual these will be available pending moderator approval.

Last edited by lfuente; 07-25-2018 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added text
Old 07-25-2018, 08:30 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
files have been approved
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-26-2018, 03:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Here are pics of the Guy Arab V bus used by the CMB (China Motor Bus) Co., the first motor bus company in HK in the past, up to 1998. The motor bus branch of the company is now defunct, and the company has been focusing on property development since.

The model, a service bus, was built several years ago, its wheels rotate. I might have shown it before but now updating it with newer pictures in different angles.

The other liveries that Ifuente have done look amazing and I would think of building them some day.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
test builders for recolors-20180724_img_0021.jpg   test builders for recolors-20180724_img_0022.jpg   test builders for recolors-20180724_img_0025.jpg   test builders for recolors-20180724_img_0024.jpg  
Old 07-26-2018, 05:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
That's a very nice build, papermate!
Old 07-26-2018, 04:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Thanks, Carlos.

Papermate
Google Adsense