PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 03-02-2021, 12:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply.

Although I am interested in Philippine subjects, the P51 isn't on my list of priorities because it's just too common. If I remember right, Nobi or Cafe may have done it already.
Maybe Nobi. The only P-51 recolors I ever did were a pair of israeli examples. I never did the french F-6D or the RAF (RCAF) Mustang I had planned.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply.

Although I am interested in Philippine subjects, the P51 isn't on my list of priorities because it's just too common. If I remember right, Nobi or Cafe may have done it already. And I still have to edit the Marine and Red Cross LARC-V beta-test someone's already started, and my recolor of the Greyhound.
It took a while but I finally got a reply from Alberto, who graciously allowed me to recolor his M8 Greyhound PDO and even provided the original textures! I've just uploaded the file (with 2 versions) to my PostWar Philippine Army folder. Tabs need to be added separately as the PDO didn't have them, and I added period photos to help with assembly - one of them shows Ramon Magsaysay before he became president.

I also refreshed my Series 2 2Poms gift boxes to add the M8 Greyhound box.

Previous uploads include 3 low-poly models from the Crusher Joe anime that appeared in BattleTech.
Old 08-17-2021, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbeusChristian View Post
Hi, wishing you to recolor the P51-D Mustang to "Shark of Zambales. That would be great!
Still no Shark of Zambales, but just uploaded 3 new Bruno 1:300 P-51D recolors in 1:144, and a Bruno recolor PAAC C-47 in 1:144. Although the Shark is iconic for PAF, it's just 1 of 100+ that served in the PAF, and these are 3 I had serials, tactical numbers and nose art documentation.

The C-47 'Lili Marlene' had an interesting history: one of the first US donations to newly independent Philippines, one of the C-47s to display the interim 1947-1949 diamond and bar PAF roundel, and sadly crashed on 18 May 1947 killing Col. Edwin Andrews among others. He was the last commander of the Philippine Army Air Corps, and would have been the first commander of the Philippine Air Force had he lived until July 1947.

Incidentally, if anyone has documentation matching serials, tactical numbers and nose art (even just the description) of other PAF P-51Ds I'd like to hear from you! And just for fun I did postwar French Panthers from Rawen's 1:250 version, anybody interested?

I'm also trying something different in print setting scaling using the actual numbers, so you can decide if it's close enough!

Scaling information:
for 1:102 print 1 page per A3 sheet
for 1:144 print 1 page per A4 sheet
for 1:203 print 2 pages per A4 sheet
for 1:244 print 1 page per B6 sheet
for 1:303 print 4 pages per letter sheet

Last edited by lfuente; 08-17-2021 at 04:04 AM.
Old 10-16-2021, 09:10 AM

For people interested in my recolors, please read on - all others can just ignore this notice.

First of all, I would like to apologize for a scaling mistake that affects most of my recolors. My limited tool of choice is MS Powerpoint, and I had always assumed that if a workspace was defined in A4 dimensions, saving it as PDF would result in an A4 sized file. To my dismay, I recently found that the Powerpoint default PDF is letter size, and that setting doesn't seem to be changeable. This screws up the scaling because the print file file is already reduced to about 95% if printed on letter size, with a further reduction if printed to A4. For example, my stated 1:72 graphic will print out about 1:76 on letter, but will print out about 1:80 on A4 which is noticeably smaller.

I am slowly replacing the affected files, but it is easier to list the ones NOT affected by this error: all my recolors of Zio's 90mm figures, and the WaCo UKC and Stinson SR-5.

A workaround is to print to PDF, with a slight loss in graphic quality and slight increase in file size. I have done about 2 pages of 5, so the rest could be done in a week or so, just need to hunt down my work files for the older models.

On a positive note, I found some PAF decals with information for 3 more 1:144 P-51 recolors, so those are in a new file.
Old 10-21-2021, 12:05 AM

OK, I've done all the scale corrections to the original files I still have. The few backups I can't find anymore are the Lockheed 188 Electra, Fokker 27 Friendship, all the UH-1 Iroquois, both PacificAir BN2A1 Islanders, the Eddie Stobart DAF2800 and both Rambler Ambassadors.

I've decided not to rescale the BattleTech stuff as exact scale isn't really an issue with them.

Once again, my apologies to the downloaders.
Google Adsense
Old 02-27-2022, 08:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.93 GB
martyr366@hotmail/com 1945 beach 18. love to build
Old 02-27-2022, 09:02 PM

Beech 18

Marty,

Our own Gary Pilsworth donated his 1:48 C-45 Bucket of Bolts to our Downloads section, but he also made the uncolored template available. My 1:72 recolors are of the prewar Philippine Airlines silver NPC54 and red NPC56, and silver Philippine Army Air Corps. These are in the lfuente/aviation/civilian/prop section which you can access as a forum member.

If you're in the mood for a smaller, easier version, Stephan Wulph just uploaded trigear and taildragger versions of his 1:250 uncolored model in the 'boxy planes in 1:250' thread.

Enjoy!
Old 07-04-2022, 04:03 AM

recolored 1:100 Staggerwings

Just got permission from Rawen and Paran of PRModels to share my recolors of the Beech 17R Staggerwing from their 1:100 Antarctic Snow Cruiser.

As usual, they'll be available after moderator approval.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:17 PM

OK, there's another 3 recolors coming!

But first, could I have a moderator look into what looks like another forum glitch? My previous upload got posted without any data about the recolorer, namely me. It's not so much I need the credit, but more so downloaders can find it using my forum name to search.

Also, I'm also experiencing the random logouts other people have mentioned, don't know if it's related. Thanks!
Old 07-05-2022, 07:29 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Which upload?

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense