PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 09-27-2018, 08:46 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
PICARDIE........Thanks for the link! I appreciate it and will spend hours looking at pictures!

Does the Geli model have those antenna on the front? If so, would you mind posting a picture of the parts so I can see how they did them?

If I can figure out how to replicate them so that they will match the quality of the rest of Yoav's model I plan on doing a French bird. If not them I'll have to do one that is without those antenna.

My Drawings
Old 09-28-2018, 04:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
PICARDIE........Thanks for the link! I appreciate it and will spend hours looking at pictures!

Does the Geli model have those antenna on the front? If so, would you mind posting a picture of the parts so I can see how they did them?

If I can figure out how to replicate them so that they will match the quality of the rest of Yoav's model I plan on doing a French bird. If not them I'll have to do one that is without those antenna.
Hi John,

The Geli model comes with a Belgian livery (it means a raw metal aspect), that is very similar to the French Air Force one, at the exception of the colors of the roundel. On this model there is no aerial. I'm not sure Geli missed this detail since, having searched images of the Belgian CM-70, I have not seen an aerial on the Belgian Fouga(s) nor on the German ones. Only a guess but, possibly, only the French Fouga was equipped with such an aerial …

The Geli model is an old one, with faded colors, parts not easy to fit together, lack of details etc. but it is easy to convert into a French Fouga : fresher colors, modified roundels (Red-White-Blue roundel with a Yellow edging), french stencils, and overall the famous “Eagle feeding its eaglets” badge of the Salon de Provence school. Bear in mind my skillness at repainting models does not equal yours or Yaov's one !

As for my model, I'm going likely to make an aerial with a piece of electric wire.

I look forward for building the model you are going to repaint (in French livery with the Eagle badge, I hope).
Attached Thumbnails
Fouga CM. 170 R Magister Question-img_0001-2-.jpg   Fouga CM. 170 R Magister Question-img_0002-2-.jpg   Fouga CM. 170 R Magister Question-img_0004-2-.jpg  
Old 09-28-2018, 09:42 AM
Eternal Member

Thanks for the reply PICARDIE...........well what I can do. I've already found and downloaded the badge........

Pitty about the Geli model, the wire wrapped in paper was my thoughts also on the antenna. I've seen pictures of German fouga with the cover plates in the spot of the antenna (maybe former French birds!!??), but you are correct in that I have seen them on almost all French birds. So maybe it was a French thing. Of course they are on some civilian Fougas that are flying, again maybe ex-French planes.

My Drawings
Old 09-30-2018, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Those handle-like VOR antennas supposedly appeared on french Fougas around 1970. Though, looking at the special issue of Avions about the 60th anniversary of the Patrouille de France, I see them appearing on the planes from the 1966 season onwards. Pictures from previous years show clean noses without them.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:47 AM

Another image that is of some interest, not only because it gives a close look at the “handles” that are aerials without any doubt, but it shows the weird shape of the tyre of the front wheel. I have seen this kind of tyre on others Fouga, so it's not an unusual tyre. A piece of information for the modelers who wish to build the model on its landing gear ...
Attached Thumbnails
Fouga CM. 170 R Magister Question-24024159320_38f4c9701c_b.jpg  
Old 09-30-2018, 06:24 PM
Eternal Member

PICARDIE...........How are the landing gear on the Geli model?

My Drawings
Old 09-30-2018, 08:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
The reason for this tire cross section is for chaneling water away and reducing hydroplaning. Many commercial and military jets have it or a variation of it.

Isaac
Old 10-01-2018, 12:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 502.67 MB
Hi John,

The Fouga by GELI was reissued in a very good print and paper.
The landing gear is typical of GELI very simple.
If you construct a landing gear, I would be very interested to equip Yoav's Fouga with it.

Kind regards
Attached Thumbnails
Fouga CM. 170 R Magister Question-cm-170-01.jpg   Fouga CM. 170 R Magister Question-14-fouga-magister-04.jpg   Fouga CM. 170 R Magister Question-14-fouga-magister-03.jpg  
Old 10-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef View Post
If you construct a landing gear, I would be very interested to equip Yoav's Fouga with it.
I'm considering it, if I can find some good references to go by. But it will be after I get all of the changes made to the model to make it non-Israeli...........

My Drawings
Old 10-02-2018, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
PICARDIE...........How are the landing gear on the Geli model?
As said by Josef, the front landing gear is very sketchy and, in my opinion, cannot be used if you wish to make a realistic one. As for me, I'll only use the shape to recreate one from scratch.
Attached Thumbnails
Fouga CM. 170 R Magister Question-teil-60.jpg   Fouga CM. 170 R Magister Question-teil-60a.jpg