PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Retunga's Projects

Old 12-13-2012, 03:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.76 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by retunga View Post
the build it yourself version is a lot cheaper, but I have not built it and when I looked at it and trying to get all the parts to it, it was not for sale where I live and whe I enquired in the USA for the parts I never got a reply, and also the model was setup in Letter paper size and convert that to A4 was to much of a issue and also the engine also did not look right and I have from there cancelled the idea and left it to rot away on a backup drive.

R
I was able to find all the parts needed to build it. As I said I'm working on the V-Twin right now and will be building both Yee's V12 and yours as well.

Rusty
Old 12-13-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retunga View Post
Well at last the model is now completely flat packed, and there is a lot of papers and parts:

The model is made of 107 unique papers
The model will need 316 pages of paper
The model will be made up of 6079 single parts that will make this engine a reality.

that excludes the electronics and wires which I still need to work out, the veraboard version, the Printed PCB version is in place.

I have not yet worked out the complete number of finished parts there are going to be, but would guess around the +/-250 pieces ????

I worked out the approx. mass of the model and it will be about 3kg's of paper and I am putting about 1kg aside for glue.
I weighted a piece of 160gr. A4 paper and after doing some sums each A4 page of 160gr. paper is approx. 9.8gr and I would guess the Letter would be about the same.

In thing that I still need to do on the artworks is to number the parts and come up with a nice way of doing it.

but for now I am doing about 1 year side to complete this build I would say that if I complete it any sooner than that would be a world of luck.

I would say that this is going to be a fun build and then a long visit to a mental hospital to bring me back to the real world

Here is a quick render of the model in what it most likely will look like, this only took me 5-10 minutes to do, of which the quality of the render is not good, but fiar.

R
I love it Retunga. I'm looking forward to building it. I'm really a glutton for punishment, I swear. But building paper models keeps me out of trouble.

Rusty
Old 01-01-2013, 01:25 PM

V-Twin Model

Retunga, I had stated in an earlier post that I was working on the V-Twin from Yee Job's. Well here it is.

Rusty

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1fd6f02.jpg

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...psfd279ca8.jpg
Old 01-02-2013, 10:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Cool it looks good, I am now busy with the build of my V12 engine, at the moment I am busy with the electronics of the engine that of the electric motor and timing systems, I will post a picture later of the first part that is working.

:-)
R
Old 01-04-2013, 12:41 PM

Well the model build has now started, the first part of the model that I building and completing is the electronics for both the test build of the engine and final full build it requires the same electronic circuits.

This photo shows the power supply circuit under devlopment test, and it works quite well, it needs min voltage of 10.5V at 65mA no load to run, but 13.5V with at least 3A supply would be better.

This photo is the complete electronics needed to power the engine with a supply voltage checker, 13.5V = good and 10.5V = bad.

The geared motor is also running under no load at 115mA at 6Vdc, i will most likely run the motor at 2 - 2.5Vdc at the end of the day.

R
Google Adsense
Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 PM

looks good Retunga. As I stated I finished the V-Twin. Now I'm contemplating doing the V-12 that I have. I have all the electronics that it requires, found everything on the web and didn't cost an arm and leg either. I'm just dreading the repetitive work and the length of time for the build. I might have to build it in stages and work on other models at the same time to cut the monotony.

Rusty
Old 01-29-2013, 06:33 AM

Well it is time for an update on the devlopment work of the engine, I have now busy test building the piston, conrod, and cyclinder bore of the engine of which there is a few small mod's needed to get it spot on but here is the photos of the test build parts.

More photos will follow as the build goes on.

R
Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Wow, looks great. What is the final size of the engine when completed?

Fred
Old 01-29-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seascape View Post
Wow, looks great. What is the final size of the engine when completed?

Fred
The following is quoted by Retunga earlier in the thread:

This model is not going to be a small build at all, as the above picture shows it is 737mm's long by 383mm wide and 430mm high.
The engines cc capacity is 1811cc or 151cc per a cyclinder.
The bore and stroke is 62x50mm

At the moment the head requires about 102 A4 pages of paper, and the engine block with pistons is about 84 pages.
I am guessing that it it would need about 250 pages of paper in A4 or letter size, as I have set the design up for both printed options.

That's roughly 29" x 15" x 17" (Rusty)
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 PM

You correct with the sizes in mitric and inchs, how does the saying go:
" Go big or go home" ans I am going Big :-)

R
Google Adsense

Tags
engine, ferrari, v12