PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 09-02-2013, 12:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
David,

I am so enjoying this construction thread, and am so happy you have provided so many photos and descriptions of your build with us...this is really quite an amazing build!!

I look forward to the next update, but already know no matter what I will continue to be amazed and treated to a fantastic model build!!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 09-02-2013, 12:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Just amazing! You must be pretty happy - the build looks great.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Thanks for the nice comments Don, Mike, Card one off the biggest, Fred get it out off thoues boxes it will go of, Jim and Greg.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
It's looking really good.
Are you planning to leave an opening to show the interior?
cheers Jim Bean
Old 10-10-2013, 05:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Builders of this model may like to know that I have had a few more copies made of the laser cut Railing set for the SD 14. Contact me via my website: www.zeistbouwplaten.nl.
Google Adsense
Old 12-24-2013, 05:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Well as I've started up again in the SD 14 I thought I'd better start on the updates again as there's a bit to catch up on. Last update left off with the Hull completed as well as some of the four Castle fittings the forward mast house the next stage was painting of the Hull regrettably I got carried away painting and using the airbrushed the first time.
First off was to prime the Hull this I used car paint rattle cans using grey the deck and topsides and the red oxide for the lower Hull , I liked the look of the red oxide so decided not to overpainted it with an almost similar colour for the antifouling paint. The grey was a mistake especially where I was going to paint the sides white, so started using white primer.

First two pictures show the whole primed in grey with the lower red Hull covered over with newspaper and masking tape will I did have trouble with the masking tape as one role I had kept un stickin

After the primer I applied the yellow stripe running round the middle of the top sites the stripe conveniently became 4 mm wide to match the smallest width of the tama masking tape was impressed with how good this tape was, yellow stripe in this picture is the masking tape I have just applied the purply red to lower side the hull. The deck has already being painted green,the sides of the four Castle had been done white.

The next two pictures are finished Hull painted up

Close-up of the forecastle and part of the four Hatch all finished, I decided to paint all the bits and the various fairleads black and all Winch machinery bluey grey and all Hatch sides masts and ventilators alight buff. I haven't painted the railings as they were laser cut from white card

Old 12-25-2013, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
David,

Great looking paint job on the SD14. I'm going to have to start on mine one of these days. Merry Christmas to you.

Fred
Old 12-25-2013, 01:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
inm sure there was a story in the marcle newsletter that someone had built this,waterproofed it ,added r/c and actually sailed it.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Herky: sure. You will find some pictures of an RC build on my collection: Flickr: New Photo Collection, via www.zeistbouwplaten.nl's Photostream

Always happy to receive more pictures of your own favourite builds. 55.000 visitors, 650.000 views in two years prove it is worth your trouble. Send to [email protected].
Old 12-25-2013, 04:15 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Certainly looks good David.
You got perfect results with that railing.
Mike
Google Adsense