PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-25-2017, 02:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
SD14 Cargo ship

Hello,

Roman thanks for info in respect of the "hardware" of the SD14.
I got another question: I am taking from the Paper Modelers website the pictures of your build of the SD14 The first post go alright. But after post 67 or so the pictures do not show up any more. After post (approx.) 125 it is alright again. Any idea how to get the pictures?

Thanks,

Gert Vlaanderen
Old 01-25-2017, 09:45 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Oh good, thought I was having some sort of computer issues. I have the same problem. As it need all the help I can get when building this kit, your photos are a BIG help.
Thanks once again!!!!
Old 01-26-2017, 03:48 AM

SD14 Cargo Ship

Hello,

Might be of interest for you, ( or may be you already know) there is a huge website in respect of shipping.
It is called Shipspotting. They have over 1 million of pictures of literally all types of ships. They also have a category "SD14 " with over 1.450 pictures.
If you have time to spent and go through all of them : there are some detailed pictures of hatches and brigdes(?) as well.
You can follow this link straight into the SD14 area:
Photo search - ShipSpotting.com - Ship Photos and Ship Tracker

And a couple of years ago John Lingwood, one of the designers of this shiptype, wrote a book: SD14, the full story.
It takes care of all the SD14 ships being built. Still available on bookselling websites.

Regards,

Gert Vlaanderen
Old 01-26-2017, 10:24 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Thank you very much for the link to the ship spotter site. I had stumbled upon it a while ago but forgot the name. Lots of very helpful photos there.
I have bought the John Lingwood book, it's a good book but not as in depth in detail shots. It does show like every sd14 ever made and has some nice shots. It only lacks as I mentioned super detailed shots such as engine room views and bridge shots, and such. Still a great book no matter what. This is where the site you listed will be of value to me, and anyone building the SD14.
Thanks again.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
Amazing job. I am long past being able to build something like this because of my disability. But it doesn't stop me from appreciating others work. Even if I could build it I would have nowhere to put it. I have over 80 models buo.t and nowhere for new ones. I keep hop get my grandson will take some off my hands but can't get his dad to let him take any home. Great job here and a great thread for anyone taking up the challenge. Did you ever say how long it ended up and how many pages it was? I admit I didn't read every post on this thread.

"Oh wisdom thou are fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason" (Bill Shakespear)
Google Adsense
Old 01-28-2017, 10:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 11.18 MB
Hi David,
I did not realize at the end of this amazing model....I enjoyed the photos very calmly.....
You have created a masterpiece!!I make you my compliments
Old 01-28-2017, 11:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 762.7 KB
Hi Romanmodels.
A really impressive build!
I'm new to the forum and joined primarily to access you and Marco's build threads of this kit. Inspiring! So much so I've managed to get my hands on a kit and I'm going to give it a go. Hopefully I'll be able to get close to the standard you have set.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:17 AM

Hello friend, your build of the SD14 is new for me, read the complete thread. Your build is magnificent and I am floored by the finish. Good show and bully friend. I have been away for some time and missed this. I remembered Marco's, but your's I did not catch.
Rick
Old 01-29-2017, 04:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Thanks everyone for the kind words if you get the chance is a great model to do.
As a couple of people are making a start in making it although I'm pushed the time I will endeavour to finish off my engine drawing in sketch up, and uploaded to the site.
The ukpapermodelers site had simple to use photo hosting so I posted my threads there first and then copied them over but through technical difficulties the site folded along with all the links to the photos I have restarted my Sherman thread again the photos in it but is a bit long winded redoing the text so I will just repost the pictures here

Old 01-30-2017, 03:09 AM

SD14 Cargo Ship

Hello,

Thanks a lot for putting back in one way or another your pictures. I got them all alright to my computer now.
Together with the pictures of the one Marco has built I got quiet a book full !

We are moving to a new appartment this summer, thereafter I will definitely start building the ship.

For those who will start earlier and are still looking for more info: If you are interested in a real plan of one of the SD14 ships: visit the Tyne and Wear museum website, They can provide almost a complete set of the shop drawings of several SD14 ships. ( Be aware of the costs )

Regards,

Gert Vlaanderen
Google Adsense