PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-04-2011, 03:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
What I am doing

I have been working with several people through private messages which is what I suggested from the beginning to anyone who wanted to consider selling. Once I have some of these ships in hand (the first are supposed to ship by the end of next week), I will be happy to post pics of them and what I paid.

Thomas
Old 12-04-2011, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
I stated a low $10 per hour because I enjoy building and only do so as a hobby. I would never charge as little as that if I were trying to survive on it. Reality is few would pay 10K - 15K for a modelno matter how nice it is.

As far as my skills, they are decent, see my Arizona-Oklahoma builds amoung others.
Here are just a few of my kits:
M o d e l W a r s h i p s . c o m - G a l l e r y
Old 12-04-2011, 05:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I charge %75 dollars an hour to fix electronics, and that seems easier than building some of these models. there really isnot price you can set on these and hours really do not come into play. Expertise takes years to develope, and that cannot be reflected easily in an hourly wage. $60 dollars an hour isnot unreasonable. In Connecticut, $100. Higher cost of living.

$75/hr! $75! I think I am going to build my models now ............ come to think of it, Joe is not cheap at all, I think it is very reasonable price, yea, very reasonable
Old 12-04-2011, 08:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
I could sell my Admirable-class minesweeper, but I got so much help and great advice from other members of the forum when I was building it that I'd feel guilty not sharing the dough with them.

That said, I have to admit I'd be interested in find what the market would bear for the build. Photos here:
Questions re: Digital Navy's USS Caravan
Old 12-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
$75/hr! $75! I think I am going to build my models now ............ come to think of it, Joe is not cheap at all, I think it is very reasonable price, yea, very reasonable
That's the going rate for electronic repair. These days, I only do High End Audio, and only for people I have done business with before. I am, retired. More put out to pasture, but you know what I mean.
Google Adsense
Old 12-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
I could sell my Admirable-class minesweeper, but I got so much help and great advice from other members of the forum when I was building it that I'd feel guilty not sharing the dough with them.

That said, I have to admit I'd be interested in find what the market would bear for the build. Photos here:
Questions re: Digital Navy's USS Caravan
That is the best build of that kit, period!!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
That is the best build of that kit, period!!
That's very kind of you to say. Fortunately, there are some great folks here who were able to answer the bizarre questions this landlubber had.

That said, I need to get back to building. It's been awhile (summer was filled with gigging, buying a house, moving, etc.) and I haven't been inspired to build anything in a long time. Need to get back to it.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
That's the going rate for electronic repair. These days, I only do High End Audio, and only for people I have done business with before. I am, retired. More put out to pasture, but you know what I mean.
cables and snakeoil.. oh my! sorry, a bit of a audiophile and a audiophile skeptic as well..
Old 12-16-2011, 07:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
I have sent pictures of my completed V-108 to Mr. Thomas via email and have had no response to that or my PM to him. Has anyone else heard from him lately?

Curt
Old 12-16-2011, 08:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I seem to never complete anything! Sorry. The few models I have done the kids and cats got to.
CT