PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-23-2011, 07:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
HI Jim,

I have been eyeballing the Epson and HP large format printers that shoot out 11" X 13" prints just for that reason myself. I have been having pretty good luck with my Epson Printer for the last couple of years. The only complaint that I have is the same one that everyone has about printers in general, the ink cartridges are all to %#&*#$ Expensive. One of the reasons that I have been looking into the Continuous Ink Supply trip. When I finally do break down and buy a new printer, I will probably go that route.

Nice work on your little Seiran. I have the Gremir Models 1/33 scale one to build one of these days. It is about as a good a reference source as one could hope for being in the large scale.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Eternal Member

Jay: I have been lucky enough to find a local small-job printer who will do an odd job on odd-sized stock and as a former European, also knows about card modeling. I believe that the upscale I-400 is in good hands!(Thanks, Aurang!!)

It will be printed out on 17 x24 matte photo paper.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:32 PM

Hey Jim, I like how you did the plane but it is a pity that you did this 1:200 scale model instead of the original 1:400 .

Marco
Currently Building: RN Zara 1:400
Old 12-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Eternal Member

Marco: I am not blind, but I don't see that good anymore....

Jim
Old 12-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadhead1952 View Post
HI Jim,

I have been eyeballing the Epson and HP large format printers that shoot out 11" X 13" prints just for that reason myself. I have been having pretty good luck with my Epson Printer for the last couple of years. The only complaint that I have is the same one that everyone has about printers in general, the ink cartridges are all to %#&*#$ Expensive. One of the reasons that I have been looking into the Continuous Ink Supply trip. When I finally do break down and buy a new printer, I will probably go that route.

Nice work on your little Seiran. I have the Gremir Models 1/33 scale one to build one of these days. It is about as a good a reference source as one could hope for being in the large scale.
I wrote a couple of posts about this. For your Epson Workforce 1100 Printer go to ink refill kit, continuous ink supply system, cis ink, refillable cartridges, epson refillable cartridges, hp refillable cartridges, canon refillable cartridges, canon chip resetter. The Ink they use is sourced from the same O.E.M. manufacturer, you will forget about CISS because the price is so inexpensive, and why bother with all the ancillary components and the required maintenance? For $100 dollars I purchased the Ink Refill Statetion, I specified I wanted "Pigment Ink" as that is what Epson uses. I think I have enough ink to last a couple of years. I have a wife and son who do much printing also. You get (2) sets of cartridges, that's 4 blacks, and 2 of each other color. I purchased an extra large Black,, and one of each other color. The both sets of cartridges come pre-filled. The kit also contains a very nice head cleaning kit, with detailed instructions. This is the SAME ink you would get from EPSON. I have had this verified by someone in the business. You do not have to reset the chips and the system works flawlessly. When a cartridge gets empty, you just put in one of the ones you filled before. In my case, the cartridges were the same as my NX420 Epson, so it killed 2 birds with 1 feather. Free shipping on this order also.

P.S. I recommend calling them first, yes, calling them, real people who pick up the phone, tell you what you need to know, kindly answer you questions and help you place your order on line. They also sell C.I.S.S. but after reading problems about maintenance, another system, possibly algae build up, I went with the "ink refill station" and haven't looked back.
Google Adsense
Old 12-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Eternal Member

Question I-400 Sticker Shock

I received the BEAUTIFUL 1:200 copies of the I-400 today, each printed out on 17" x24" matte photo stock. Cost per page? $20.00 . But I will then have the only 1:200 I-400 in the world, right?

OK Mike: Start Laughing now!!

Jim
Old 12-30-2011, 09:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Huh? Why I would have to start laughing?
Eventhough I gave up on the idea of building ships (no time or space) I'm watching eagerly your thread to see this one of a kind submarine taking shape.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:41 PM

WOW! $20 A Page! I hope you don't make any mistakes, that could get pricey, fast.

I've tried to talk Mike into a ship, with his talent on the aircraft models that he builds, a ship would be down right flawless. A Float Plane would be as close as you could maybe talk him into.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Eternal Member

Arrow BANZAI! I-400 Resurrected...Maybe!

So, I now have here a large, expensive one-off card model of the I-400 in 1:200 scale.

I intend to build and super-detail the sucker. Let us pray!!

It is printed out on 17 x 24 architectural matte photo stock. Cost was $20/page, plus tax. About what I figured, actually (Mike is doing the math as we speak! ) I printed an extra page of the detail parts..

Life is short, and I want an I-400 to display next to Surcouf. I could have saved myself a few bucks by buying the 1:350 Tamiya plastic kit, but hey, I like hanging out here with you folks and I like constant scale display....

TreadHead, my bro: around here there are no "mistakes". We call them "teaching points" and move on!!

Happy New Year to you All!
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
IJN I-400 "Sen Toku" Submarine in 1:200-ijn-i-400-rescale-001.jpg   IJN I-400 "Sen Toku" Submarine in 1:200-ijn-i-400-rescale-003.jpg  
Old 01-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Happy New Year to you as well, and lets' just hope you don't find too many of those "teaching points" as you call them.

That is gonna be one seriously big Mutha' when you get it done. But I do agree on the idea of scale fidelity, makes things much more understandable to casual observers on the sidelines.
Google Adsense