Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-10-2012, 02:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1971 View Post
Wonderful work ! Keep it up

Marco
Ahoy Marco
thank you sir for your reply she is starting to come about I think Captain Sigsbee might approve. As to its small size it will be a fast build and I will have it done in no time. As to Vermins reply My eyeballs are holding out This is the smallest model ship i have built in my life I love them huge 7 feet or bigger I have a l,ot ships from 7 feet to 10 feet long. I am loveing the small scale it brings out the model as you stand back and look at it. I have another post to make in a few minutes As of now letting her dry for a bit take a rest and turn too again. thanks Marco for your kind reply on the old Battleship Maine.

boats
Old 01-10-2012, 03:08 PM

Fitting out continues

Ahoy
Ships work got started 0600 hours still at it takeing a breather letting her dry a bit. Here is the update working on the after casement house all of the fitting out has been completed withe exception of the casement compartment which is next on the agenda. all boat davits skylights aft searchlight platform and the 40 pounders and captains long boat cradel has been added after i construct the casement compartment and mount the 3 inch casement guns I will prime the parts with flat white and paint same buff color. Last this left is the boats and the rigging I have already made the seascape display board already. Late this evening I will post this for now here is the update.

boats
Attached Thumbnails
Battleship Main 1898-pict0015.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-pict0016.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-pict0017.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-pict0018.jpg  
Old 01-10-2012, 03:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
She really looks great, Boats!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
This just floors me. Thanks for the share
Old 01-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
You amaze me Skipper - From start to almost complete in the bat of an eye lid Blink..... and you might miss something YOU are building. She looks remarkable
Google Adsense
Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.38 MB
Lookin great Papa Boats! Your doing the Maine justice.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:31 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagolden01 View Post
She really looks great, Boats!
Ahoy Jay
thank you Dear sir and Happy new year to you. I have the shipbuilding bug I been building so many airplanes now its time to get my boon dockers wet. so I took the plunge into the deep blue sea. I am starting to get my shipmodel building back together. thank you for wonderfull replies.
Boats
Old 01-10-2012, 10:37 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
You amaze me Skipper - From start to almost complete in the bat of an eye lid Blink..... and you might miss something YOU are building. She looks remarkable

Ahoy grandson Peter
thank you son for your reply i will get back with the Me109 build I am having a ball building these here shipmodels, I have 44 hours invested in this tiny Gem my old eyeballs are still holding out I believe building these small scale is good exercise for your eyes with all the detail you see on the Maine is straight from the old peepers no glasses or magnifyers.Not atleast tuckered out. Thanks for the reply.

Grandad Boats
Old 01-10-2012, 10:41 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgifford View Post
Lookin great Papa Boats! Your doing the Maine justice.

Ahoy Stephen

Happy New Year to you my man, And thank you for your reply on my old Maine, for a 10 inch model is quite small for me but i am starting to like them small one thing for certain they dont take much room. I,m doing my best to bring her back to life for over 100 years or so. Thanks for the reply.

boats
Attached Thumbnails
Battleship Main 1898-maine14.jpg  
Old 01-10-2012, 11:00 PM

Fitting out finished

Ahoy
Here is the last update report for the night, letting her set and dry over night have plenty to do tommorow. as to the update I been at this thing for 17 hours today it dont take long to knock these out when you have nothing to do from going bughouse. I primed and painted all of the boat davits and the after casement house . I opened up the stern casement compartment and installed the 6 inch casement gun there are two of them port and starboard. I hand carved all of the boats from soft pinewood. useing my plans as a reference point. all of the interier of the boats were hollowed out useing a dremel tool. A great time saver, the seats on the boats were made from cardstock. All of the painting that was done i painted them Buff. The captains and jollyboat launchs were made from pinewood same as the others the stacks were from turned wood dowling. the superstructures on the jollyboats and captains gig were made from cardstock. The boatsbooms were made from sprue. I added the port boatboom as per pictures in extended position later I will add the jacobs ladder via boat boom to the boats. I painted the boats booms and the intereirs of the boats burn mahogany. Tomorrow I will add the awning stantions, ladder ways, rigging and the awnings I will print out a picture of the Morro castles astern on the port side at the corner of the display. I went ahead and made the dispaly the same way as I done on the Mauretania. Last will be the flage I have a piece of plexi glass that I will have cut as a dust cover I already have the Mauretania in her dust cover shipmodels worst enemy is dust.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Battleship Main 1898-pict0001.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-pict0002.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-pict0003.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-pict0004.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-pict0005.jpg  

Battleship Main 1898-pict0006.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-pict0007.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-pict0008.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-pict0009.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-pict0010.jpg  

Battleship Main 1898-pict0011.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-pict0012.jpg   Battleship Main 1898-maine14.jpg