PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 03-13-2012, 07:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Ohh yah. GHOST is cute, and just begs to be modeled in card, but it addresses NO market. Skunk Works already did a "stealth boat" that failed precisely because it was stealthy--what you saw was a wake with no source, a hole in the water where the boat was! They just cut & run on the whole idea.

This iteration depends on who the market is--presuming the "stealthiness" is a nonissue, that kicks out anybody with radar or satellite observation; so, emerging powers? Drug-industry interdiction? There're cheaper and as-effective systems already on the shelf.

I'll be real interested in what happens next with this one.

'Duster
Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Banned

Apparently, it is aimed at staving off the "swarm attacks" that some countries are threatening. One in particular. I always though that some Vulcan Phalanx's could make mine meat out of anything like that, but what do I know? Troop insertion and littoral combat is another possibility
Old 03-13-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Apparently, it is aimed at staving off the "swarm attacks" that some countries are threatening. One in particular. I always though that some Vulcan Phalanx's could make mine meat out of anything like that, but what do I know? Troop insertion and littoral combat is another possibility
Huh. Okay, but neither application benefits from invisibility, and the money could better be poured into rapid-response systems like the Phalanx.

I'm liking that this may be the "concept model" to show what we're capable of--and then, --let's talk.

'Dust
Old 03-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Banned

I think the Stealth shape is like the word "Turbo", for years it was on anything that was supposed to be cool. Stealth on water doesn't make much sense but the shallow draft of this craft, it's stability, would make a good platform for some kind of rapid fire weapon. I wouldn't want to be on one though, unless I wish fishing or something.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:21 PM

Yah, some Buzzwords are like that.
I kinda like turbot, though, especially with some garlic, lemon, and a spritz of cayenne just to shock. It may not be cool anymore, but it's still tasty. And I am definitely going to sleep now. G'night.
Google Adsense
Old 03-13-2012, 08:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 24.06 MB
Gunnergreg: thanks, same reason here, no display space available for larger scale.

Zathros: its ok, the X3K is still on progress. But looks like GHOST paper model won't be design on 1/700, the width will only be 2.5cm. Well, at least the plan is to develop the 3 view and pattern first, scaling will be dealt later.

Hudsonduster: I happen to be sharing similar opinion, wake with no source which will pin point the boat location. The other stealth boat: Sea Shadow indeed looks cool. Anyway, apart from whether the real craft will be operational or not, I found it interesting to have a strange looking craft as paper model :D - have a good sleep.