PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 10-24-2012, 08:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
These putt-putt boats were sold in just about every toy department around when I was a kid (early 1950s). I went through several of them...single-handedly held up our end of the trade deficit with Japan (oh, I forget....trade deficit is the new normal...back then it was trade surpluses everywhere). I'm glad to see that my grandkids will be able to enjoy them as well. Thanks for posting this string. As I remember, they would putt-putt around the bathtub about 30 seconds a fill.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.07 MB
@ Oliver Bizer: It would be an honor for me, thank you very much!

@ Vermin King: In theory it would run for as long as it takes for the candle to be burnt (about 3 hours I guess). The truth is that I did test the engine on a foam plattform to make sure it works, but I have not put the boat in the water. I was planning to and the circular antenna was added to act as ring on a fishing line, in order to provide direction without the need for an R/C equipment. But instead of playing with it I put it on a display case. I did float the original boat I built though (the one made from milk carton). I never felt that it would burn and there is no physical contact between the paper and the flame. What could be an issue is the durability of the engine - either the glue or the aluminium- in prolonged use. If excessive heat creates a crack, the engine might not work at all.

I am apologising for answering with a delay..