PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-26-2014, 04:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
EGV "Frankfurt a/M". (HMV 1:250)

In the 'welcome desk' I promised to start this thread, so here it is.

This model has thousands of optional parts, and of course I wanted that door in the ship's hull to be opened. The 'box' on the first picture is still open to show you the interior; it is is were you enter the ship when using that door. In the ceiling above it there is some kind of movable bar that is retracted on my picture, but it can also be extended to the outside through the opened door. I don't know what it is.
On the second picture the box has been mounted firmly inside the frame (and it fits surprisingly well!).
The third picture shows the finished frame:
Attached Thumbnails
EGV "Frankfurt a/M". (HMV 1:250)-dsc00871-copy.jpg   EGV "Frankfurt a/M". (HMV 1:250)-dsc00872-copy.jpg   EGV "Frankfurt a/M". (HMV 1:250)-dsc00873-copy.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 03-01-2014, 07:38 AM

Your work on the hull form looks great.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 61.32 MB
If you like to you can find my building report here in my blog. There is also a download as PDF. Let me know if you need some help.

You can find my cardmodel-blog here: www.jabietz.de
Old 03-24-2014, 04:19 AM

Thank, you, jabietz, for your reaction. I feel honored!
Since I started my EGV build, I studied several threads on the web as a reference, like Chaldane, Daniel, and, of course your blog. It is clear that you are the 'masterbuilder' of the HMV 1:250 "Berlin"/"Frankfurt a/M".
The problem is that I got a bit lost in your site: You start by presenting the EGV and show us the construction of the main frame and then you explain why you prefer to continue your building report on www. kartonbau.de ( a site that I know very well; I presented several building reports over there). All I can find of you from that moment on is pictures and comments of the EGV in a very advanced or even finished state.
I searched several (german) sites for your (complete) building report but found nothing.
I am sure you can show me the right way -and thank you for your offer to help me if necessary!
Right now I am covering the frame and until this moment everything goes well. I will soon post new pictures.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:11 AM

You won't find anything from me on "kartonbau.de" because the admin has deleted everything. If you do so, please let me know.

The only site with my complete building report of the EGV is my blog and it starts here.
The download-page is here.
On the bottom of each blog-page you find helpful navigation buttons.
On the left side right below the menu you can change your language.

Google Adsense
Old 03-25-2014, 03:18 AM

That's super! Exactly what I had been looking for, and no doubt a great help. Thank you for giving me the right clue.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:50 AM

I'm glad I was able to help you

Old 03-28-2014, 05:07 AM

For weeks and weeks I have been preparing these sections that form together the hull, with all the details, portholes, haws-holes etc. And all the time I was wondering: what if it won't fit after all or if the final result will be so poor that the joy of continuing will have disappeared...
Now that everything is in place I can tell you that it is a complete success; better than what I could have hoped for. Poop and bow and middle section, it all fitted so marvelously well! Now I must say that from the start I have worked with the highest precision (the Halinski way!), but more importantly: the design of this model now proves to be very very good.

On one of the pictures, parts 30/31b are not yet mounted in place. This was my working order: once the large middle sections are in place the position of these parts can be defined precisely. I fixed them temporarily with tape and using them as a reference I started to fix the bow sections, thus ensuring that these sections will be positioned correctly. Next I removed 30/31b and fixed the rest of the bow. I finished the hull by fixing permanently 30/30b. By working in this order I assured myself that all the hull sections were in the right position and I could work with smaller sections that were easier to handle.

For the bow sections I had prepared a template of the foredeck (see picture nr. 2), thus ensuring the right shape and avoiding any surprise once this foredeck will be put into place.

To make the bow fit, I had to remove about exactly the amount of material indicated by the two 'anpassen'/adapt markers.
Attached Thumbnails
EGV "Frankfurt a/M". (HMV 1:250)-dsc00885-copy.jpg   EGV "Frankfurt a/M". (HMV 1:250)-dsc00893-copy.jpg   EGV "Frankfurt a/M". (HMV 1:250)-dsc00894-copy.jpg   EGV "Frankfurt a/M". (HMV 1:250)-dsc00895-copy.jpg  
Old 03-28-2014, 05:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Nice work on that hull. Smoothest seams I've ever seen.

Joe
Old 04-16-2014, 03:22 AM

Several hundreds of parts were waiting to be assembled and placed onto the main deck before the upper/flight deck can be added (thus hiding partly these beautiful details...).
A view of the rear deck with the first flight deck supports in place:
Attached Thumbnails
EGV "Frankfurt a/M". (HMV 1:250)-dsc00898-copy.jpg  
Google Adsense