PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 06-20-2009, 04:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
GB: Your wish list is impeccable in my view. Keep on trucking....
Old 06-20-2009, 05:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Don't worry, Fred, I remembered Valmy/Jemappes after making the list which is why I mentioned "a few I didn't list"! Throw on some more French cruisers, a tpb, an oooold destroyer, a colonial cruiser wrecked on a reef in Tahiti and you are getting closer.

I also forgot Devastation and Royal Oak. And Collingwood. Sigh. I'm not going to make it through the list, am I? And there are so many 'tween wars aircraft I want to try also.

Wilfried, what Phil is trying to say is that I am warm and fuzzy but also can be prickly (like cactus?) sometimes. I'm trying to be better about that though.

Carl
Old 06-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
Dan, I think that Carnot might be uglier if by uglier you mean bizarrer. OTOH, it is my opinion that the RN pds as a class tend to be the ugliest. Squat, utilitarian.

Phil, this Project X is similar except that it involves a chimpanzee trying to design paper ship models...

Is that front funnel really square? She is definitely an ugly duckling as well
Old 06-20-2009, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Not TOTALLY square. Just sort of a rounded off rectangle in cross section. And the aft funnel is a little skinny thing.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:42 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
However, my wish list already includes, Liberté, Suffren, Iéna, Magenta, Hoche, Masséna, Brennus, Jauréguiberry, Bouvet, Chateaurenault, Chanzy, Benbow (hah! for the plans), Colossus, Agamemnon. This will take me at least 6 months to complete along with a few that I didn't list.
Carl
That is quite a list of work you have there Carl. I remain a fan of all those French boats. Ever since seeing my first image of one of them on the web, the fascination has remained. So I enjoy watching with great interest your work on that group. I think Jaureguiberry is probably the ultimate. The look of that one really captures my imagination. I have become convinced Those French Naval Designers were worshiping at the alter of "Jules Verne".
Mike
Google Adsense