PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-23-2009, 12:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
For water you can also use gloss acrylic mediums from the art supply department. The thicker gel ones hold their shape pretty well, I used to use that a lot for model train layouts. No layout anymore, so I don't have any pics...
Old 04-23-2009, 02:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Third time will be the charm!

You are building a fine little Micro fleet to go with your models of London gates.

Don
Old 07-23-2009, 02:24 PM

Ok since I throw that out I build this again... for the THIRD TIME

Old 07-23-2009, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Its too bad it got broken, it looked very nice. I like the waves that you are making with glue. Have you considered adding blue acrylic paint to some of them? I have used black acrylic paint mixed with PVA glue to make rivets, turned out pretty good.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:56 PM

It is always a troubled model. The first one, I had ruin myself but it was not my fault. A part it is not well designed (the box where the periscopes fix). So I correct it next time. But then in anger I destroy that model along with all the others. So now I have to make this again. I do not have the nice base this time... I suppose I can make that over but it is more effort. I tire of this model.
Google Adsense
Old 07-23-2009, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I really like this Sub!
Is it a model I can download?
or can you share it with me?

If its possible for me to get this model
I will design a new base for it
which I will share with you!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:06 AM

It is not a free model but one card from the old Micromodels British Fighting Ship set. If you look I have made prior the HMS Cossack , HMS Ark Royal, and the MTB 102 from the kit. It has the parts also for the King George V

You can buy the old cars on eBay some time for varying costs. Or there is a CD offered here with the cards. I assume they are the legal version. I have the full CD set with all the model. And some originals that I buy also.

building
Old 07-24-2009, 12:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I like this submarine and am glad you are recreating it (better than ever), Oksana. Your original build threads were very instructive, but this time, you have been excelling with the beautiful, clear, close-up photos of the Ark Royal and this submarine. They are a real incentive for others to try to build these tiny art works.

As far as I know, all of these ships are available legally through purchase. Note the links in Maltedfalcon's MM contest thread: Micromodels Contest

IN particular, this is the one for the CDs: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/jcoweb/micromodels/. The ships CD includes the entire set of Royal Navy historic ships, inlcuidng the ones that Okasana has built.

I purchased the aircraft CD and, now that I have seen Oksana's beautiful little ships, I intend to get that ship CD.

Don
Old 07-24-2009, 02:38 PM

That is the same link I post with where to buy the ships CD. For some reason the name it does not come out properly for me. But it is the same link...

This time I make it with the dive fins up. On the model it hints at this. They have you make holes in the hull of the sub marine and put pins in. But they do not say where they go and they do not show this. And the pins they would go under the fins and you would not see if they were closed. On my other models I did not do this. For this sub, I use some thin wood slivers color black with a Marvy pen.

I get some impact glue on the hull side

Even for the third time this is a very tricky model. The tower it has many bends to score and the lining inside is tricky. The hardest part it is the box on the back of the tower for the periscopes. Some thing there just is not the way it should be.

Micromodels they redesign this model to fix issues but you can only buy the first model with mistakes in the design.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Well, Lala, even though you had problems with the build, allow me to compliment you on your sharp, close-up photography!