PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-19-2015, 04:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlonzg View Post
Hi guys,I went through this topic on Konradus and I have found out that The Model of the Ticonderoga is poorly designed.At the present stage The Author of the topic on Konradus has problems with a hull frames which do not match.So i presume that there will be more problems during constructions.....at the minute i would not advise to buy one but wait and see what come next.As it may turn out that the model is not worth time and money spent on it..
Regards.
hopefully someone who is doing a build will let designer know
Old 02-06-2017, 08:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
Good morning everyone,
I was wondering if anyone here had an update on the “problem” with the Angraf USS Ticonderoga kit mentioned above as I am having some problems myself even before I begin. So far I believe I am missing some sheets and that I have multiple excess copies of others. I am not sure what build on Konradus is being referred to with the issues or if they have been resolved, Does anyone know?
If you have the kit would you have a look and see if we match with contents?
As a kit I ended up with 25 (1mm thick) laser cut sheets and 25 Printed sheets.
All the 25 regular card seem ok but I am surprised that the air-wing consists of a single Corsair. Is this a correct page count and is the single corsair also correct?
The Laser Cut Sheets
I have 25 in total to the following details:
One of these sheet is listed as “Errata” and has parts Wd1b and Wd2b on it. These items already exist in the package.
The ribs number 0 to 41 and all except 0, 1 and 41 have corresponding lower parts “a”. So there are parts 2 & 2a up to 40 & 40a.
I have 2 separate copies each of pieces 2 to 9 (and their “a” bottom parts) , 11 to 12 (and their “a” bottom parts) 19 to 22 (and their “a” bottom parts)
I have 3 separate copies each of pieces 13 to 18 (and their “a” bottom parts) 23 to 29 (and their “a” bottom parts) as well as 32,33 35 and 36 (and their “a” bottom parts)
I only have one item 10 and one 10 a, two of item 34 but only one 34a. Again two of item 38 but only one 38a.
Anyone got any advice?

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Irishman View Post
Good morning everyone,
I was wondering if anyone here had an update on the “problem” with the Angraf USS Ticonderoga kit mentioned above as I am having some problems myself even before I begin. So far I believe I am missing some sheets and that I have multiple excess copies of others. I am not sure what build on Konradus is being referred to with the issues or if they have been resolved, Does anyone know?
If you have the kit would you have a look and see if we match with contents?
As a kit I ended up with 25 (1mm thick) laser cut sheets and 25 Printed sheets.
All the 25 regular card seem ok but I am surprised that the air-wing consists of a single Corsair. Is this a correct page count and is the single corsair also correct?
The Laser Cut Sheets
I have 25 in total to the following details:
One of these sheet is listed as “Errata” and has parts Wd1b and Wd2b on it. These items already exist in the package.
The ribs number 0 to 41 and all except 0, 1 and 41 have corresponding lower parts “a”. So there are parts 2 & 2a up to 40 & 40a.
I have 2 separate copies each of pieces 2 to 9 (and their “a” bottom parts) , 11 to 12 (and their “a” bottom parts) 19 to 22 (and their “a” bottom parts)
I have 3 separate copies each of pieces 13 to 18 (and their “a” bottom parts) 23 to 29 (and their “a” bottom parts) as well as 32,33 35 and 36 (and their “a” bottom parts)
I only have one item 10 and one 10 a, two of item 34 but only one 34a. Again two of item 38 but only one 38a.
Anyone got any advice?

Thanks!
will watch this.i have not purchased kit as yet and when i do it will be without laser parts so just noting your finds on printed sheets
Old 02-06-2017, 08:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:

Thanks!
Consider the possibility that the designer intends you to double up these parts for strength.
If so the corresponding slots would be wider.
For instance my current shipyard kit has a doubled up center/keel piece for this purpose.
cheers Jim Bean
Old 02-07-2017, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
will watch this.i have not purchased kit as yet and when i do it will be without laser parts so just noting your finds on printed sheets
Thanks Herky but I believe the kit only comes with pre cut sheets. I believed I was ordering the standard version of the kit (awful publisher website) and I got the board and printed sheets in a single bound volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbean View Post
Consider the possibility that the designer intends you to double up these parts for strength.
If so the corresponding slots would be wider.
For instance my current shipyard kit has a doubled up center/keel piece for this purpose.
cheers Jim Bean
Thanks Jimbean, I should have mentioned that the idea is doubling up on these items, the keel marks does show enough thickness for doubled parts.

I am not too fussed having excess items, I just need the items I only have single ones of.

Thanks Gents for your time!
John
Google Adsense
Old 02-07-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks Herky but I believe the kit only comes with pre cut sheets. I believed I was ordering the standard version of the kit (awful publisher website) and I got the board and printed sheets in a single bound volume.

Thanks Jimbean, I should have mentioned that the idea is doubling up on these items, the keel marks does show enough thickness for doubled parts.

I am not too fussed having excess items, I just need the items I only have single ones of.

Thanks Gents for your time!
John
thanks will check that out before ordering
Old 07-25-2017, 12:20 PM

Things have settled down since my Transatlantic move so I am again trying to work on this kit.

I still believe that there are missing parts/sheets and have made separate attempts to contact the Answer.pl

* 1st was web submitted email which I got an Automatic Email back saying "We have received your email and will answer within 48 hours" No response to that and its been months.

* 2nd was regular direct email which is also unanswered in months

* 3rd was Facebook messenger, its shown as "read" but I never got a response.

* 4th was a posting on the Facebook page which asked "Id like to ask about a previous kit I ordered" They did actually reply but gave the nonsensical answer "We have checked your order, It was posted, Please be patient"

Does anyone have an idea how to contact them and actually get a response?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John
Old 09-03-2017, 11:29 AM

Thumbs up

Just thought I would update anyone interested in purchasing the Angraf kit discussed here.

I have abandoned the Angraf kit (total cost over $100 with P&P) as I cannot resolve the missing parts. The Ticonderoga was a direct purchase from Answer and if I could request a refund I would. Since I can't get them to reply to me when trying to work on their kit, I can't expect anything helpful from them.

Trying to keep on subject for my next intended build I purchased the Szkutnik 1/200 Hornet from Piotr at .: WWW.MODEL-HOBBY.PL :. Internetowy Sklep Modelarski - Modele Kartonowe, Modele plastikowe, Akcesoria modelarskie.

Aside form the hassles above I would like to take this opportunity to recommend the Szkutnik kit for the reasons here:

The kit is complete.

By that I have numerous points, First and most importantly is that all parts for the have been included. The hull fames are present which as you can imagine is very important. This is the 1st time I have seen these pieces printed on A3 sticker sheets. The backing can be peeled off and then the front can easily be stuck to the required card sheets. That's a bit plus in my book as the spray glue can be a concern.

The one concern I have is that the flight deck is also printed on these sheets which have a moderately glossy finish. Since the rest of the kit is printed on regular card I am a bit concerned about the mix of flat and glossy finishes.

Secondly in the "Complete Category", there is an airwing included with the Szkutnik kit so you don't need to make another purchase to populate your flight deck & hanger as required with the Angraf kit.

While the Angraf kit includes a single Corsair the Szkutnik includes the full set of Mitchells associated with the Hornet as well as 36 Wildcats, 15 Devastators and 21 Dauntless. Even then these planes have the option for the early or late war insignias thus increasing options.

Quality of the printing:

The quality of the Szkutnik is spectacular, Its hair fine across the board even down to the Aircraft instrument dials. Yes, they are included at 1/200 scale. The Angraf has the look of a hand drawn Geli Kit.

I cannot speck yet of the fit but with all the effort visible so far I am not expecting hassle.

On top of all these points the Szkutnik kit is cheaper than the Angraf which is always good too. How does that happen?

Hope this is of some help.

Regards
John
Old 09-03-2017, 01:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
I see gpm has the hornet too, is this the same model only under license. I wonder if it has the sticker fomers too.

The hornet looks awesome can't wait to see you build it.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Just thought I would update anyone interested in purchasing the Angraf kit discussed here.

I have abandoned the Angraf kit (total cost over $100 with P&P) as I cannot resolve the missing parts. The Ticonderoga was a direct purchase from Answer and if I could request a refund I would. Since I can't get them to reply to me when trying to work on their kit, I can't expect anything helpful from them.

Trying to keep on subject for my next intended build I purchased the Szkutnik 1/200 Hornet from Piotr at .: WWW.MODEL-HOBBY.PL :. Internetowy Sklep Modelarski - Modele Kartonowe, Modele plastikowe, Akcesoria modelarskie.

Aside form the hassles above I would like to take this opportunity to recommend the Szkutnik kit for the reasons here:

The kit is complete.

By that I have numerous points, First and most importantly is that all parts for the have been included. The hull fames are present which as you can imagine is very important. This is the 1st time I have seen these pieces printed on A3 sticker sheets. The backing can be peeled off and then the front can easily be stuck to the required card sheets. That's a bit plus in my book as the spray glue can be a concern.

The one concern I have is that the flight deck is also printed on these sheets which have a moderately glossy finish. Since the rest of the kit is printed on regular card I am a bit concerned about the mix of flat and glossy finishes.

Secondly in the "Complete Category", there is an airwing included with the Szkutnik kit so you don't need to make another purchase to populate your flight deck & hanger as required with the Angraf kit.

While the Angraf kit includes a single Corsair the Szkutnik includes the full set of Mitchells associated with the Hornet as well as 36 Wildcats, 15 Devastators and 21 Dauntless. Even then these planes have the option for the early or late war insignias thus increasing options.

Quality of the printing:

The quality of the Szkutnik is spectacular, Its hair fine across the board even down to the Aircraft instrument dials. Yes, they are included at 1/200 scale. The Angraf has the look of a hand drawn Geli Kit.

I cannot speck yet of the fit but with all the effort visible so far I am not expecting hassle.

On top of all these points the Szkutnik kit is cheaper than the Angraf which is always good too. How does that happen?

Hope this is of some help.

Regards
John
cant actually see the szkutnik hornet at that link
Google Adsense

Tags
links, model, reveiws, tempted.does, uss, cvs-14, ticonderoga