PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 05-04-2017, 07:56 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Anything you have Ab I'd love to see.

Edit - Just saw it. Another wonderful model.

Last edited by elliott; 05-04-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Ab, wonderful model and great presentation. Indeed, to put figures of the crew on deck gives the model a very lively appearance. And thank you for putting my surname on the ship's mirror .

Amazing the wreck was found in such a complete state, very fascinating.

Regards,
Erik
Old 05-05-2017, 12:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 127.22 MB
Thank you Elliott and Erik. My son surprised me this morning with another 'storm impression'.

The Ghostship in the Baltics-storm3b.jpg

I don't know much about Photoshop, but from what he tells me I learned that some of his 'paintings' exist of over 30 layers. All from pictures he harvests from the internet, snipping parts of seas, clouds and other items he adds to the original set-up. Was surprizes me most is that these humble paper models survive in these settings, without doubt because of the loving care with which he places them in natural conditions.
I'm blessed.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 67.09 MB
Abhovi, great job.

I am fortunate enough to have attended two presentations on this ship by Fred Hocker, the Director of Research at the Vasa Museum. He was on the survey team that mapped the Ghost Ship. If you want more information on the ship and the “fun” of doing marine archaeology at 120 meters, National Geographic did a great special titled “The Return of the Ghost Ship”. Well worth watching.

The last I heard was that they weren’t planning to trying to recover the wreck, but were working very hard on the daunting task of identifying the ship. That has been a couple of years ago, but no results to the best of my knowledge.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Beautiful model and images, Ab. Very inspirational. Recently I´ve seen the documentary about the ghost ship on TV. Thank you.

Jan
Google Adsense
Old 05-05-2017, 06:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.42 GB
I just watched the show on YouTube and found it very interesting, your model looks just right. Well done again
Old 05-05-2017, 10:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
As I was studying your masterly built model I realized that the model had a presence about it that made you feel as if it were a real ship. This presence is not easy to achieve most high level ship models are more of display of the modelers skill and precision and they seldom capture what a real working ship would look like.

Bravo for a outstanding model and Bravo to your son for his wonderful renderings.

Jim Nunn
Old 05-07-2017, 12:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 127.22 MB
Thank you all, too much praise!

On to the next project.
I still have a 70 centimeters long VOC vessel after a design from 1697, of which I had to do the hull three times in a row, due to problems with computerprograms and my careless building efforts.
The project lingers, because I don't actually want such big models in my house, but on the other hand, the comparison with smaller vessels in the same scale (1:77) is so much an eye opener, that I can hardly leave it the way it is.

Another project still waits to be ended: the 90 foot 'pinas' after the drawing by Storck, which might make it possible to prove the drawing is a fake.

Along with some other small stuff.

Work galore...