PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 08-09-2019, 04:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
This is a very well design model of the "Horyzont II" by JSC (286) reduced from 1/250 to 1/400 with some photo-etched and minor additions to the masts. It is relatively simple to build, a two pager but when reduced a one pager. I did it before I knew I was a Papermodeler and I didn't have kids, at least a decade ago.

The RTS "Horyzont II", built by Remontowa for the Gdynia Maritime University, is an ice resistant research and training ship, for practice in navigation, radar positioning, maneuvering, engine room and deck equipment servicing. It is also employed to perform research works in co-operation with the Polish Academy of Sciences during her expeditions to the Arctic and Antarctica.

I hope you like it, and if so, let me know.
thats a nice model to build
Old 08-11-2019, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Thank you Alan:

The Horyzon II is a very nice ship, and right on your 1/250 scale. May be tiny for your taste, but you may easily enlarge it and with some railing, a little rigging and some flags would look very nice in its original scale or enlarged.

I think I only have left for the simple icebreakers/ice resistant the Japanese Coast Guard PM-16. Hopefully soon.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
Thank you Foute Man for all the wealth of info that you provided
my apologies for my late reply, but you're very welcome

to combine two of your "building subjects" (ice breakers and coast guard ships)..... as i was doing some reading about japanese coast guard vessels this morning, i found out several patrol vessels have been labeled with ice-breaking capabilities.

you already mentioned the retired PL-107 Soya, but the vessel with the same name PLH-01 Soya also has icebreaking capabilities. There is a free paper model available

there's is also a Teshio Class Patrol Vessel Medium with ice breaking capabilites: PM-15 Teshio. Found some info on Japanese wikipedia so translate via google

a paper model of this vessel is available at the Japanese Coast Guard website

Perhaps you already built them
Old 09-14-2019, 12:43 AM

Pm-15

Thank you Fute Man:

Yes, I did the PM-15 with minor additions. Let's see what do you think, and maybe someone else.
Attached Thumbnails
Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict0-pm15_teshio_up1.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1869_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1870_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1871_crop.jpg  

Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1872_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1873_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1874_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1875_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1876_crop.jpg  

Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1877_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1878_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1879_crop.jpg  

Last edited by wireandpaper; 09-14-2019 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:52 AM

PM-15 and PLH-01

I did the PLH-01, in page 2, with helicopters, and a few of the smaller patrol craft.
Also I looked up on the links to Marabout and found a small patrol craft. I did two version, one as is and the other I enlarged the hull but keep the pilot house the same as the smaller boat. The rescue RAF boat is also for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-zict1880_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-zict1881_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-zict1882_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-zict1883_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-zict1885_crop.jpg  

Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-zict1886_crop.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-25-2019, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Hi Wireandpaper,
Where can I get the James Clarck Ross?
I sailed in British Antarctic Survey so it would be great to get my hands on one. Or two!
Alan
Old 10-25-2019, 06:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice models! I really like the way you setup your photos. And I especially love the helicopters and tiny truck things. Also the Horyzont II is really cool.

Old 10-27-2019, 01:27 AM

Thank you Alan:
Send me a PM. Tony did the red Dash-7 used by the Survey:
One model per (non-working) day

Thank you Rebecca;
I use blue wrapping paper for the sea and regular paper for the ice and pieces of polyurethane boxes for the icebergs. And you can see the effect of having parental duties now. When I did the Horyzont II I had no children. That's way I do simpler models that I can finish relatively son, preferable one pagers.
I did some spinoffs for fun using the Icebreakers and the vehicles that you may find here:

Encounter at the North Pole

Encounter at the edge of Antarctica
Old 01-08-2020, 05:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
You might like this one from the website of the Tokio Solid Model Club:
new model (for me) of icebreaker Soya in 1/500 scale available...instructions can be found here. Again, press your translate button

Old 01-09-2020, 03:17 AM

In my to do list

Dear Foute Man:
Thank you very much, very doable.
Of the simple icebreakers this has the best graphics.
Attached Thumbnails
Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-img_20200109_004556271.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-img_20200109_004602467.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-img_20200109_000108987.jpg  
Google Adsense