PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-09-2020, 03:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Dear All:
for a few minutes I loaded some personal information by mistake in this tread instead of these pictures. If some one look at them please let me know via PM.
This is very embarrassing but it is better to put it in to the open.
Thank you for your support!!!
Old 01-10-2020, 12:57 AM

Soya Part 21

Dear Foute Man:
Thank you very much for the instructions in English, very helpful.
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/v...ownloadid=3439
Do you have any idea what is part 21, it comes after the DHC-2 Beaver, part 20. To hold the Beaver?
Attached Thumbnails
Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-000-part-21.jpg  
Old 01-10-2020, 07:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foute Man View Post
You might like this one from the website of the Tokio Solid Model Club:
new model (for me) of icebreaker Soya in 1/500 scale available...instructions can be found here. Again, press your translate button

nice and a simlper build than the canon one
Old 01-10-2020, 09:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
Dear Foute Man:
Thank you very much for the instructions in English, very helpful.
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/v...ownloadid=3439
Do you have any idea what is part 21, it comes after the DHC-2 Beaver, part 20. To hold the Beaver?
The translations are done by Google , just printed them to a pdf file..... I compared with the instructions from the model by Canon, and I think you're right. It's a kind of rail attached to the cargo hatch to hold the DHC-2 Beaver. As the pdf for the Canon instructions is password protected, I cannot extract an image to show you, but if you happen to have the instructions for the Canon model, check instruction nr 33......

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
nice and a simlper build than the canon one
You're right about that
Old 01-12-2020, 02:39 AM

TMSC vs Canon

Here are both models side by side in 1/400. The TMSC is very doable for my purposes of simple and simpler icebreakers. I may use the Canon framework since I am doing it waterline (iceline?). The Canon has about 10 times more parts.

Nevertheless, the TMSC Soya is the most complex of the icebreaker here, with the exception of the Horyzont II.
Attached Thumbnails
Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-000-soya.jpg  

Last edited by wireandpaper; 01-12-2020 at 03:38 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 01-14-2020, 09:27 PM

The Canon model represents the Soya after her first reconstruction to arctic research vessel while the TMSC represents Soya in her last reconstruction with a flush deck (if we may call it that way) with the extended Helipad.

There are few views of the Soya and the Burton Island icebreakers in the Japanese movie dedicated to the survivor dogs, Taro and Jiro, that were left behind by one of the Japanese Arctic Expeditions:
[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=SGossgOEfpI&feature=emb_lo go"]

ps: Beware, some people would call the treatment of sled inhumane (and maybe including me).
Old 09-25-2022, 10:28 PM

Almirante Maximiano H-41

It has been some time since I added something on ice-resistant ships. About 10 days ago someone requested a ship like the H-41. So, I did my research and it happen that the ship requested was the Almirante Maximiano (H-41), an ice-strengthened oceanographic research ship of the Brazilian Navy. With the help of Péricles Lopes Gomide Filho for information, I was able to design it in my usual 1/400 with a lot of simplification licenses. At the end, as a reference, I am including the RRS James Clark Ross. I just could not resist it!
I hope you like it, and if so let us know!
Attached Thumbnails
Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-am-01.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-am-02.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-am-03.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-am-04.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-am-05.jpg  

Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-am-06.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-am-07.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-am-08.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-am-09.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-am-10.jpg  

Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-am-11.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-am-12.jpg