PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2019, 12:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
HMS Campbeltown 1941

Hello all,

After several months hiatus due to several broken bones and forced inactivity, I have been messing around on the computer with drawing software (again) and had a look at some stuff in my stash.

The Campbeltown by JSC in 400th scale is one I have taken out and had a look at now and again and then put back, purely because I couldn't work out how it went together and because of the rather bright colours. Anyhoo, the assembly is rather straight forward after all and after scanning into my computer, I figured that I could make a go of it.

You get two versions, pre and post Operation Chariot. A simple one-page for each version.

The colours are for the Western Approaches scheme, but the blue is a little too harsh for my liking. Also, there was some colour attenuation in the top left corner which would lead to a colour miss-match on assembly.
My solution was to completely re-draw and re-colour by hand.

As can be see, the blue is more subdued and the re-drawing allowed me to put the Corticine anti-slip panels on the deck. It also allowed me to incorporate extra details missing from the kit, such as anchor housings, and some re-enforcement for the hull structure.

I have ordered the lazer-cut set from JSC to help with small details such as the latice mast and prop-guards

So, it's good to be back at the workbench doing what I love best.

Stay tooned chums.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191227_162644.jpg (1.36 MB, 553 views)
File Type: jpg 20191227_162701.jpg (1.67 MB, 560 views)
File Type: jpg 20191227_162749.jpg (1.55 MB, 557 views)
File Type: jpg 20191227_162812.jpg (1.44 MB, 560 views)
File Type: jpg 20191227_162819.jpg (1.78 MB, 566 views)