PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-01-2024, 05:49 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
034 – Masts and Stern Railing

Thank you for the compliments . . . JP, Bob (OgdenBob), ReynoldsSlumber, Paperairforce, Jan (Firdajan), USSMissouri, David (romanmodels) and Don! Your support is very motivating. I hope the work going forward does not disappoint.

Details (Mast, Railing and Searchlights, Gun Barrels) have been added to the Forward and Aft masts. Image 267 is a vintage photo capturing the details I attempted to replicate.

There are many items to be added to the stern. I begin with railing on the stern platform, and on the main deck. Small roof pieces (starboard and port) shelter about 75% of the stern platform, seen in image 270.

The last vintage photo is for fun. It’s a great view of Neptune at Arsenal de Brest. The old fortifications in the background are magnificent. Question for any of our French members familiar with Brest: Are those fortifications still there?

Best Regards,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-264-forward-mast-01.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-265-forward-mast-03.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-266-stern-mast-01.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-267-vintage-photo-forward-mast.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-268-stern-parts-01.jpg  

French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-269-railing-stern-platform.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-270-stern-railing-02.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-271-neptune-arsenal-de-brest.jpg  
Old 04-02-2024, 06:05 AM
POTM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP64 View Post
Incredible work, Mike....

I like really very much the way you built the boats ...very clean and straight hull lines without any sign of cut for the hull shape....

please, when you'll have a little of spare time, can you remember and describe again the way that you use to realize the boats ?
Honestly I really never had a such so clean results in many models I have built until now..

thanks a lot and again my highest COMPLIMENTS !!!

Ciao
Jp

Ciao JP:
Click on this link below to take you to my images and instructions about creating the boats. After you click the link, scroll down the page and you will see it all.
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Mike

French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale

Last edited by Michael Mash; 04-02-2024 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 157.17 MB
ciao, Mike

thanks to have sent me again the link to the description of your technique for the small boats...

I'll try to follow the same for the next boats I'll need to build.

just one more question... which kind of glue do you use by that applicator on the bow part of the boat ??

thanks for this further answer and have a nice time !!

ciao
Jp
Old 04-02-2024, 08:10 AM
POTM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP64 View Post
ciao, Mike

thanks to have sent me again the link to the description of your technique for the small boats...

I'll try to follow the same for the next boats I'll need to build.

just one more question... which kind of glue do you use by that applicator on the bow part of the boat ??

thanks for this further answer and have a nice time !!

ciao
Jp

Good Morning JP: I use "White" glue for everything. Sometimes here in the U.S., they call it "Elmer's Glue". But now most people simply call it "white glue".
Ciao
Mike
Old 04-02-2024, 01:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
nice work Mike.

Google Adsense
Old Yesterday, 05:53 AM
POTM Moderator

035 – Bossoirs et Canots (Davits and Boats)

Thank you for the compliment David.

The vintage photos I have show 4 sets of “bossoirs” (spider davits) along the stern with 4 boats hanging from them. Sometimes the boats are deployed inboard, and sometimes they are deployed outboard. When deployed inboard, they always seem to be hanging from the davits instead of resting on the deck. As seen in my images . . . . that is the way I modeled them. Oars (card) and rigging (paper) have been added.

The Vintage photo shows the configuration I am attempting to replicate.

Best Regards,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-272-stern-02.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-273-stern-port-davits-01.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-274-first-port-stern-boat-01.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-275-stern-port-davits-02.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-276-port-stern-davits-boats-installed-01.jpg  

French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-277-port-stern-davits-boats-installed-02.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-278-stern-view-davits-boats.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-279-port-stern-overview.jpg   French Ironclad Neptune 1:250 Scale-280-neptune-stern-vintage-photo.jpg