PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 06-25-2021, 10:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.48 MB
Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive_Rate View Post
I do have another q though - how did you go about resizing the kit? Did you walk into a copy shop and just explain what you want? Or you had to tell them what to do to get the right result? Or maybe you have a fancy home scanner and printer?
Regards,
Alan
I have a good friend who works in one of the local copy shops and from time to time, he can do some "special orders" for me. If we talk about ships, it works like this: my grandson has a printer with scanner, so I give him the original to scan it for me, and then I can bring just the USB with pdf file to my friend at the copy shop. At the copy shop, they can do exactly what I want if I provide them a PDF. Any scale, any paper size, the type of the paper, everything. It's also worth to point out that I always choose the coated paper and laser print for ships. Coated paper is especially important here as it's often not only way better than the original paper of the kit, but also it has that "illusion of steel, metal". I mean that it makes ship models simply more realistic.

Tags
destroyer, dutch, van galen, wwii