PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 11-08-2021, 07:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertrat77 View Post
The Sumners like the Fletchers before them, were basically the US Navy going "CTRL+C, CTRL+P" with minor modifications to AA Armament. Si i would imagine they would be
I've mentioned it before, but Bruno from Scissors and Planes has some 1/1250 models in his inventory, like a Fletcher Class DD, Gridley Class DD, Iowa Class BB, Yorktown Class CV, Northampton Class CA, a Liberty Ship and more. Only one US dollar for a model

Maybe you'll like this link for more info about a 1/640 HMS Buttercup

and a 1/640 HMS Queen Elizabeth 1942 (yes the battleship), and more

Old 11-08-2021, 02:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
I need to email him about purchasing those, I really want to build them and maybe a few other things from him as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foute Man View Post
I've mentioned it before, but Bruno from Scissors and Planes has some 1/1250 models in his inventory, like a Fletcher Class DD, Gridley Class DD, Iowa Class BB, Yorktown Class CV, Northampton Class CA, a Liberty Ship and more. Only one US dollar for a model

Maybe you'll like this link for more info about a 1/640 HMS Buttercup

and a 1/640 HMS Queen Elizabeth 1942 (yes the battleship), and more

Old 11-09-2021, 01:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertrat77 View Post
I need to email him about purchasing those, I really want to build them and maybe a few other things from him as well
He does reply emails sent to him, might take some time. In the "One model a working day" thread you'll find several lists of his models, with catalogue numbers. He also has several U-boats and post WW2 nuclear submarines in small scale = smaller than 1/400.
A repaint by user/seller Brent of the Northampton class CA (USS Chester) can be purchased on Ecardsmodels for one US dollar. It comes in two paintschemes (dazzle camouflage and ms 21 navy blue scheme)

Old 11-09-2021, 11:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 56.40 MB
Glad to see someone else do the Northampton class cruisers. :-)

I really don't like messing with the tripod bridges - there is a download of Houston here on PM - so it's great to see someone ELSE do them.
On the other hand, Pensacola and Swayback Maru need to be modeled in small-scale paper.
I've already done my CAD models of the Astoria - San Francisco, Tuscaloosa, etc. - class and the one-off Wichita, and I'm PNG-ing them for my U.S. Navy task force set.
And I've already done the Brooklyns and Helena/St. Louis variant too in CAD.
But first, I'm going to start my Shoho test-build TONITE!
Photo: Norfolk, London, Wichita, and Tuscaloosa for a 1:700 Convoy PQ17 naval miniatures game (using my free print-and-play Naval Action miniatures rules, of course) we had in Peoria a decade or two ago.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1:1200 IJN Tone & Mogami class heavy cruisers.-pq17crdl.jpg