PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-15-2022, 03:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 117.37 MB
Frankfurter/Berlin - are these the same kit?

Hello!

Navy Supply Vessel Berlin/Frankfurt am Main - fentens Papermodels

This model is on my "paper models bucket list". It's just an incredible model. Buying it from Fentens with the lasercut set is...expensive. I have enough models in the pile, so I'm not in a huge hurry, but when I was randomly googling things, I found this:

KL. 702 BERLIN /FRANKFURT •

This looks like the same model, but different cover artwork. Are they same kit? 200 PLN is ~$45 us, which is a fair bit cheaper than from Fentens, and last time I ordered from GPM, shipping was cheaper too
Google Adsense
Old 07-24-2022, 10:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 461.87 MB
Hi Dazliare!
Well, generally speaking: yes, it is the same kit. The different artwork is mark of the second edition, which - of course - is sold nowadays by fentens for their actual fare. Not surprising, that the first edition in 2007 was cheaper then.
The differences are rather minor, deckmarkings for the guns, for instance, that showed under the guns in the first edition.
Still, as far as I remember, the first edition was an offset-print; with the second edition I am not so sure about that. In the end, I would recommend the cheaper one,