PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 08-04-2022, 02:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 88.50 MB
Lilla Weneda 1:100

Greetings modeler friends,

My vacation is coming to an end and soon it's time to start working again after a warm and lovely summer. During the holidays there has mostly been time for less demanding paper constructions, thus I've built a willys jeep with an electric engine.

So, back to the topic. I've had the Lilla Weneda model by Digital Navy lying on a shelf for a long time and have now decided to put my hands on this model. I've mostly built houses, cars and aircrafts, so this will be my first attempt on a boat.

I'll try to keep the tread updated so those interested can follow the building process. As I'm new to boats I may also have some question for all you ship building experts out there.

At the time of writing, I've cut out the parts for the hull and started gluing them together.
Attached Thumbnails
Lilla Weneda 1:100-02.jpg   Lilla Weneda 1:100-04.jpg   Lilla Weneda 1:100-05.jpg   Lilla Weneda 1:100-06.jpg   Lilla Weneda 1:100-07.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 08-06-2022, 03:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
This is a nice little model, I’m sure you will enjoy it
Old 08-09-2022, 05:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 88.50 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by birder View Post
This is a nice little model, I’m sure you will enjoy it
Yes, it seems very nice indeed

This is my latest progress...

I laminated both the bottom W1/W2 and the deck D1/D2 on rather stiff cardboard. Also, instead of making the deck in two separate pieces and linking them togheter I decided to make it in one piece.

Creating a nice looking hull seems quite difficult so my first idea was to build it as intended and then maybe use a filler and paint the whole bottom. However I got this crazy idea that perhaps I can use the same technique used to make glossy aircrafts and cars. But as I only want the hull to be glossy I decided to spray lacquer on the parts before building the model. Quite unsure about how this will turn out though.
Attached Thumbnails
Lilla Weneda 1:100-08.jpg   Lilla Weneda 1:100-09.jpg   Lilla Weneda 1:100-12.jpg   Lilla Weneda 1:100-13.jpg   Lilla Weneda 1:100-14.jpg