PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 10-05-2022, 05:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
USS Lyndon B. Johnson

I’ve not built anything in ages; between international moves and having most of my tools in storage in the U.S., I just wasn’t able. But we’re now settled in Manchester and I’ve been reunited with my toolkit and so I decided to resume modeling with something simple just to see how rusty I am. Pretty rusty, it turns out.

This is the USS Lyndon B. Johnson, the last of three Zumwalt-class destroyers for the U.S. Navy. The model is offered by Bryan Tan (Rocketmantan) and I’m not sure of the scale; I believe it may be 1/700 or thereabouts. I was looking for something easy with a low parts court — this model has 22 parts, including hull formers.

Bryan’s model dates to 2011 and the LBJ looks a bit different from what he offered. The biggest visual change is that the superstructure is covered, in part, by some sort of tiles (radar-absorbent?) and as I’m not capable of repainting, I couldn’t figure a way to replicate it.

I made a few corrections and added some details here and there. Fortunately, these ships have relatively clean hulls and there’s not much on deck. I couldn’t find any photos of the LBJ fitted with the 57mm guns, so I left them off.
Attached Thumbnails
USS Lyndon B. Johnson-f157a784-ba01-47b0-8be1-eb8004a70b7d.jpg   USS Lyndon B. Johnson-6629faf6-9e6a-432c-8c2f-66d462e08223.jpg   USS Lyndon B. Johnson-6e4d4a99-6f26-4c26-b915-dedd64d44b8d.jpg  
Google Adsense