PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-30-2022, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Thanks, Ray! I trust you guys had a great Christmas and are still partying into the New Year! Lots of tiny paper model wishes to you.

Dan
Old 12-30-2022, 11:14 PM

Modelik 1/200th Seawolf to Jimmy Carter Complete!

Well...here it is in all it's glory. Well, the best I can do. I really enjoyed this model. I think I may go find a candy bar to give to my friend instead so I can keep this model.

I only added some airbrush weathering, streaking, waterline growth and some Prisma Color chips here and there. In this scale, any weathering needs to be pretty subtle, but then you also run into the weathering being TOO subtle. This was my best shot. Again, not entirely accurate, but I do think you are looking at one of only a few (two?) 1/200th scale paper models of the USS Jimmy Carter! It will make a really nice gift.

Thanks for looking,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik USS Seawolf Conversion! 1/200th-jc1.jpg   Modelik USS Seawolf Conversion! 1/200th-jc2.jpg   Modelik USS Seawolf Conversion! 1/200th-jc3.jpg   Modelik USS Seawolf Conversion! 1/200th-jc4.jpg   Modelik USS Seawolf Conversion! 1/200th-jc5.jpg  

Modelik USS Seawolf Conversion! 1/200th-jc6.jpg   Modelik USS Seawolf Conversion! 1/200th-jc7.jpg   Modelik USS Seawolf Conversion! 1/200th-jc8.jpg   Modelik USS Seawolf Conversion! 1/200th-jc9-copy.jpg  
Old 12-31-2022, 11:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Looks great from where I sit.

Greg
Old 01-01-2023, 07:40 PM

Thanks, Greg...the gift went really well. It even fits on a neat shelf in the guy's house away from prowling cats and dogs. I wonder how long it will last?

It was fun anyway. Now, on to finishing the Albatros...Dan