PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 03-12-2023, 02:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Postwar Lurssen Designs

After WW2, Lurssen know-how has been used extensively in particular in the area of Fast Attack Craft. Initially as torpedo boats but later with missile armed craft, and with a healthy variety of rapid fire guns including 40 and 75 mm.
I am planning to do some more, including the Swedish, German and Israeli designs and maybe an Hellenic one.
One design actually built outside of Germany were the Saar classes for the Israeli Navy. I have been presenting the progress of the Cherbourg missile ship provided by avrahamrl. Here it is the final (maybe later I will ad rigging and railing) of the Saar 2. Which by the way all of them had slightly different fittings.
Attached Thumbnails
Postwar Lurssen Designs-sa-80.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-sa-90.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-sa-120.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-sa-130.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-sa-150.jpg  

Postwar Lurssen Designs-sa-170.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-sa-200.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-sa-240.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-sa-260.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-sa-270.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 03-15-2023, 11:35 PM

Starting

Although many iterations of the Lurssen boat exist, all started with the Oheka II. A relatively small yacht, but very fast, that attracted the attention of the nascent Kriegsmarine. Such hull was the basis for the Schnellboot, which was perfected during WWII. After the war the Swedish navy started to build very capable torpedo boats as well as West Germany with Lurssen designs. To my knowledge there is only one Oheka II paper model. And few Schnellboots from WWII. In my possession I have the venerable the Möwe-Verlag Wilhelmshaven, and also the postwar Schnellboot. All of them still available, although by now, there are more detailed paper models using computer aided design.
Attached Thumbnails
Postwar Lurssen Designs-205653-002_1.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-img_20230315_212709974.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-img_20230315_212953614.jpg  
Old 03-16-2023, 02:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.21 GB
Nice Pablo; interesting history.

I gotta ask; how old is your friend next to the parts pages?

Bob
Old 03-17-2023, 05:39 PM

Thank you Bob for stopping by.
Dingo, my furry friend is one year and something.
So far I have done one Swedish, one German, and one Israeli boats with Lurssen heritage: the Plejad from JSC in 1/400, the Seeadler from WHV in 1/250, and the Saar 2 from the Israeli magazine in something close to 1/150. This is one of the beauties of paper modeling you may reduce or enlarge your model at will, all of them standarize at 1/400.
Attached Thumbnails
Postwar Lurssen Designs-l-01.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-l-02.jpg  
Old 03-17-2023, 05:50 PM

Waiting in Line

I may continue with another German or Israeli, or venture with a Swedish or Omani boat, or who knows, maybe an Hellenic Navy Combattante III. All of them with some Lurssen DNA.
Attached Thumbnails
Postwar Lurssen Designs-l-03.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-l-04.jpg   Postwar Lurssen Designs-l-05.jpg  
Google Adsense