Total Downloaded: 115.38 MB
She looks fantastic ...
Very well done sir.
Old 03-19-2024, 03:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Congratulations on such a fine build!
Old 03-19-2024, 03:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
You have every right to be proud of your achievement of a museum quality model of the PELAYO, even improvement on Heinkel's fine design. In my previous career as a naval officer, we would extend our congratulations with a hearty BRAVO ZULU! Well done.
Old 03-19-2024, 03:36 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Ciao JP,
Your ship is beautiful.
Please show us your work more often . . . if possible.
Mike
Old 03-20-2024, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
I second Mike’s motion!
Old 03-20-2024, 06:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
As always a marvellous construction.

My boy Pelayo...

As a detail the Pelayo was my first naval design in 2011. I designed it as a hobby without any intention of selling it. Yes, not at all! just as an experiment.
The surprise was when I offered it to Chris from Ecardmodels and he put it up for sale.
It had a spectacular success and it was the starting signal to start designing models on a commercial level. Years later it was the first model published by a publisher. "Orlik".
13 years later here I am. Designing non-stop for Ecardmodels and publishers. Things of life!!!

Which of my designs are you going to build now JP? Texas, Baltimore...?
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/heinkel-models
Old 03-22-2024, 02:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 157.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mash View Post
Ciao JP,
Your ship is beautiful.
Please show us your work more often . . . if possible.
Mike
Hello, Mike & all the others !!!

First of all, thanks for your kind words... but let me to say that YOU are the real "master" for paper ship building !! (not me .. :-))

Anyway.. sure about your ask....
I'll try, for one of my next models, to create a thread with more described "steps" during the building of a model... so I'll be happy to share with all the friends here the ways, the tricks and also the problems I'll face during a building.

At the moment, waiting for the transparent case for the Pelayo, I'm working on the model of the SMS GOETZEN in 1:100 scale and when I'll complete this one, I'll chose a new subject (perhaps another ship from the Heinkel Models catalogue..)

I promise to share the building phases and pics of a new model in a future thread.

Hav you all an happy paper modeling !

ciao from Italy

Jp
Old 03-22-2024, 02:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 157.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinkel111 View Post
As always a marvellous construction.

My boy Pelayo...

As a detail the Pelayo was my first naval design in 2011. I designed it as a hobby without any intention of selling it. Yes, not at all! just as an experiment.
The surprise was when I offered it to Chris from Ecardmodels and he put it up for sale.
It had a spectacular success and it was the starting signal to start designing models on a commercial level. Years later it was the first model published by a publisher. "Orlik".
13 years later here I am. Designing non-stop for Ecardmodels and publishers. Things of life!!!

Which of my designs are you going to build now JP? Texas, Baltimore...?

Hello my friend and my "preferred designer"!!!

I'm happy to have completed the model of the Pelayo based on your design.. Indeed I have always admired the quality of the drawing and the care for the right dimensions for a good assembly of the kit...

As I wrote, I changed during the building of this models, some parts from your original design, just because I realized this model accordingly to a specific picture sets I have found for the ship in 1889, just before the real ship was modified on military masts and guns shields as your kit has been (rightly) designed for the ship of few years after her launch...

Anyway, the 99% of the model is based on your specific kit and it is really very well designed, also if it was your "first child" :-)

Looking at the next one model ? surely I think that I'll built another of your two last kits (USS Texas or USS Baltimore).... I already bough both and are on my work desk, while I'm thinking about which will be the first...

Looking at the possibility of the Texas, I'm thinking how to "show" the guns through the opened shields in the casemates (you know I like to build the internal guns on the models)..... The USS Baltimore, instead, having no guns in the battery bridge, is bringing me to find as much as possible pics of the guns on the main bridge and try to add more details to such elements..

In any case, when I'll choose which of the two, you'll be one of the first to be advised !!!

Again a big thank for all your experience and capability to create so many attractive kits for the overs (like me) of the "old time" warships...

Just an hope and a dream to ask you....
to see, in the future, some other your kits about "old-time" Italian Royal Navy ships (before the end of 19th century, or just at the start of the 20th century)

Have a nice time

ciao from Italy !
Jp
Old 03-22-2024, 06:02 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
I have to say JP, reading your note to Heinkel, I am looking forward to watching you build one of those kits, "Texas" or "Baltimore". I admit to being tempted to try one of those Heinkel kits some day. So I am interested to watch your work with them.
Best Regards, Mike.

Last edited by Michael Mash; 03-22-2024 at 06:13 AM. Reason: spelling correction.
Old 03-22-2024, 03:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Michael, you will enjoy building one of Nando’s kits.