PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 03-11-2024, 11:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
My main focus is Flak-Bait, but that is rapidly becoming so involved that I now joke Pogoria is an easy project when I need to relax!

Duplicated and added the remaining pin racks to the front of the ship. Will be steadily adding the 117 pins made from splinters of leftover balsa wood from the lasercut deck.

I did some experimenting and found a way of making masts and spars that doesn't involve somehow turning and sanding wood. The bowsprit is 75gsm paper rolled around a core of two toothpicks and planed and sanded to about the right profile. I could have tried making some jigs by cutting holes to the right diameter, but rough measurement has produced a shape that fits the cutout in the deck, is the right length and pretty much the correct taper, so will leave it as is. There are still some tiny holes for wires to be drilled through which will test if the construction holds up.
The masts are still a bit of an experiment but look to be working. I made a core from mounting board by copying the supplied templates and deducting a few mm. Then wrapped in masking tape to get the rounded profile. It is my hope that enough glue (probably superglue), and paint and any other reinforcement will make these stiff enough to take the weight of the spars and sails and the tension of the many 'ropes' that need to be attached.

Old 03-12-2024, 07:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Looks great. I'll be referring back to this soon when it comes time for figuring out my ship's mast...
Old 03-12-2024, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 58.25 MB
Looks great !
Old 03-13-2024, 12:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
An interesting and quite large model, as I can saw at the first page pieces of the hull were glued by flaps.

Looking very good

Jan

Tags
1/100 scale, jsc, sailing ship