PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 05-24-2024, 06:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 157.17 MB
Hello to all paper modelers worldwide !

Here are some pictures of the status of the dockyard of USS Texas battleship model.

Differently from y previous indication, I have decided do NOT cover the lower hull with primer and paint it again with acrylic spray paint... I have decided to leave "as natural" the hull as the colors of the kit has been printed.

I know perfectly that the joining lines between each section of the lower hull will be visible in this way (leaving sometime a "gap" between each part), but I was thinking that I prefer, for this model, to maintain everything "as printed"

Anyway... I have added to the upper hull all the casemate with guns, leaving the four main broadside guns with opened shields, while the little ones have been put with closed shields.

I have also built the stand for the ship.. that will be very helpful also to "carry" a bit angled the hull while gluing particulars along the two sides.. And, in this way, I have already ready the stand once the model will be completed.

Now it's time to complete all the hull components, and then start to build the superstructure (guns, turrets, bridges, conning tower, masts, etc.. etc..)

While the build will go forward, I'll update this thread with new pics..

Have an happy paper-modeling

ciao
JP

P.S.
sorry for the bad quality of the pics, this time... my iphone was damaged a little and, in particular, on camera lenses... I'm waiting for a new iphone to replace this one..

Old 05-24-2024, 06:34 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Greetings JP,
Nice to see your work with “open casemates”.
Meraviglioso lavoro.
Old 05-24-2024, 11:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 118.33 MB
Nice work JP.
Old 05-28-2024, 02:42 AM

Hello to all friends !!!

just a little update on the building of USS Texas model...

Before to start the "large" superstructures (navigation bridges, conning tower, turrets and guns, mast, etc..) I have started to add to the Texas hull and main bridge some elements

So, I have added stairs to the below deck, the structures for each hatchway for protect by the sun beams, other closed hatchways, etc..

I have added also the vertical ladders on the hulls' sides..

Now, the next step will be to build the main structure that connect the front, central and rear superstructure, over which will be positioned the command bridge ...
I'm studying the best way to realize such structure as most stronger as possible, to support also the bridges and all the boats that will be positioned on top.

I'll keep you updated with the ongoing building.

Have an happy paper-modeling !!

ciao
Jp

(sorry again for the pictures bad quality but I'm still waiting for the iphone replacement with a new one.. )

Old 05-28-2024, 06:21 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Ciao JP,
I am admiring your work with this ship, while you wait for your new iphone.
See the attached image. It is one of my favorites. What kind of camera did you use for this photo of SMS Sachsen?
This is an excellent photo, and I want to compliment you again on the work.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
USS TEXAS 1892 - 1:200 from Heinkel Models-090-sms-sachsen-jp64.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-28-2024, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mash View Post
Ciao JP,
I am admiring your work with this ship, while you wait for your new iphone.
See the attached image. It is one of my favorites. What kind of camera did you use for this photo of SMS Sachsen?
This is an excellent photo, and I want to compliment you again on the work.
Mike
Hello, Mike..

The picture of the model of SMS Sachsen was took using the same iPhone model 11 that I have today (today unfortunately a bit damaged)… I don’t have any digital camera..

Probably the big difference is given by the “background” I have used for that photo. I have used some white A4 paper sheets, a little “strong” (180 grams/square meter) hold by some books put in vertical and opened to avoid that could fall down.

Then I just put the lamp in the right position and took the pic.

That’s all !!!

By the way… just today afternoon I have received a new iPhon model 15 to replace the damaged one… It will take some days to tranfer in the new phone all the data, apps, documents and pictures I have on the old one..

I strongly hope that the new set of pics of the USS Texas will be done with the new iPhone..

A big wish for a pleasant paper-modeling!!
Ciao.

Jp
Old 05-29-2024, 01:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Fantastic build JP.
I hope Ecardmodels will soon include a mailing option to include lasercuts of railings and hatches.
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/heinkel-models
Old 05-29-2024, 03:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Very clean work Jp! Always wise to do the low-lying details first, while you can still get at them.
Old 05-31-2024, 10:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.83 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP64 View Post
Hello to all friends !!!

just a little update on the building of USS Texas model...

Before to start the "large" superstructures (navigation bridges, conning tower, turrets and guns, mast, etc..) I have started to add to the Texas hull and main bridge some elements

So, I have added stairs to the below deck, the structures for each hatchway for protect by the sun beams, other closed hatchways, etc..

I have added also the vertical ladders on the hulls' sides..

Now, the next step will be to build the main structure that connect the front, central and rear superstructure, over which will be positioned the command bridge ...
I'm studying the best way to realize such structure as most stronger as possible, to support also the bridges and all the boats that will be positioned on top.

I'll keep you updated with the ongoing building.

Have an happy paper-modeling !!

ciao
Jp

(sorry again for the pictures bad quality but I'm still waiting for the iphone replacement with a new one.. )

your work are incredable
Old 06-04-2024, 05:47 AM

Hello and good morning to all paper modelers !!

Some little update about the USS Texas model...

I have worked, last days, on the elements of the central superstructure, in particular the components of the metallic frames that will host the largest number of the ship' boats and steam launches..

This was not a simple task, because I had to check constantly all the elements (very thin) and their reciprocal positions, in order to create the right "squareness" of each element with the others..

At the end of the task, the structure has been raised.. now, before to add the other elements of the structure (further bridges, conning tower, etc...) I have to add all the "enclosure" in front and back the structures bottom towards stem and stern...

This is something that I should have to do before this structure... now it will be a little bit difficult to add such elements..

Anyway ... with the new iPhone that has replaced the damaged one, I took the attached pics.

Have an happy paper-modeling !!!

ciao
Jp