PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 03-30-2024, 12:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancooper View Post
Wow, that looks fantastique knowing how small this must be, having build the 1/144 Revell kit... yours look way better than mine though
Thank you! The USS Maine seems very interesting kit.
Old 03-30-2024, 12:58 PM

Old 03-31-2024, 11:51 AM

Congratulations on this lovely executed model. Great to see people still enjoy building it since it was almost 20 years when it was made first available.

In fact, I am building it again myself. Nothing fancy, just a test piece to see how it would look like with the PE parts I designed many years ago but with the exception of a couple of test frets never produced. And it's a good thing because, as I am finding out now, this PE set is seriously lacking. Can't believe back then I considered it good enough for mass production.

Also will test all the 3D printed upgrades. I have a number of them, but never really had an opportunity to fit any onto the real model. Will be an interesting comparison with the original build you can see on the HMV cover.
Old 04-02-2024, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperLab View Post
Congratulations on this lovely executed model. Great to see people still enjoy building it since it was almost 20 years when it was made first available.

In fact, I am building it again myself. Nothing fancy, just a test piece to see how it would look like with the PE parts I designed many years ago but with the exception of a couple of test frets never produced. And it's a good thing because, as I am finding out now, this PE set is seriously lacking. Can't believe back then I considered it good enough for mass production.

Also will test all the 3D printed upgrades. I have a number of them, but never really had an opportunity to fit any onto the real model. Will be an interesting comparison with the original build you can see on the HMV cover.
Thank you!
Old 04-02-2024, 06:14 AM

Another view

HMV Flower Class HMCS Corvette Agassiz 1:250 scale-p3180065-copy.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
HMV Flower Class HMCS Corvette Agassiz 1:250 scale-p3180065-copy.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-03-2024, 10:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Superb! Will look lovely on display. What length is the model? And do you (or anyone else indeed) have a tutorial on how to manage rigging like that on that scale?? Must be easier than 1:250
Old 04-06-2024, 05:05 PM

You can use thin wires starting from 0.1 mm diameter. Easy find on ebay either copper or silver. Or you can use UTC Ultra Wire from your local fly shop. Many in plastic community swear by stretchable Infini Lycra Rigging or similar Uschi ( ebay again ).

The cheaper method would be stretched sprue. You can read great tutorial by Jim Bauman here.

This guy made a short video on plastic ship rigging many ideas you can apply to your paper models too.

Good luck

Darius