PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 06-12-2011, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 244.35 MB
Strangely there was a thread on here ages ago about a Russian hobby fan that made water effects using plaster, green and blue paint and splash of clear building silicone- he did a quick tutorial on how he applied a real look choppy sea effect around a war ship he had built in card stock- it looked really good! waves, splash on the front and froth at the back- amazing...oh by the way i think Lord Nelson would have loved this model- concidering i'm related to him by the way.
I'm not trying to be rude- and don't take this the wrong way or me being picky- but wasn't the bottom of the Victory plated with copper? as one can buy bits of it on ebay?i think it was used to protect the ships hull from rotting and barnacle's-(as they made the ships of time, slow in manoeuvring)- just what one didn't need in a quick battle.i could be wrong here and i'm sorry if i am-
but this is the best ship model i've ever seen, especially made out of paper/card!
Old 06-12-2011, 04:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Depends on the period. Victory wasn't coppered until 1780, when she was 16 years old-it was first done only for ships going to tropical waters because it was so expensive.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Worms in the Tropics are a nightmare to wooden boats.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 244.35 MB
Back in my school days i used to know a tech guy at machine shop bit of our school that made woodern models and yes he did build a 2ft long model of Victory- he started when i was just taking my exams and two years later when i left sixth form he was still doing it- he had just finished the main hull- he had to stick on every plank by hand and sand it down afterwards- i never saw the finished ship but it must have taken years to finish it completely- the rigging looked so complicated on the plans! there are some very interesting techniques on here- definitely worth noting down for future reference...and very useful on other models too- something i like about this site is everyone shares advice- one can learn so much here.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:21 AM

Doris,
I would like to know where you get such large coins?
Sgt Glick
Google Adsense
Old 11-10-2011, 08:03 AM

it looks amazing. I love the parrot by the way.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:18 AM

question

Doris, good day. My name is Alexander. I am from Russia. Sorry(excuse) for my English - I don't speak on English. I use online the translator.
From what source(book) I can find drawings of a decor (carving). I have found only a decor (carving) of a stern and a nasal figure and where you took drawings of a decor of that (carving) that on a deck and along boards? Excuse if the answer to my question already was discussed in this forum - to me very difficultly to translate it. If probably send me drawings decor (carving) on mail email removed. If it not probably prompt at least where I can get them to (buy). In advance thanks for the answer.

Aleksander

Last edited by Texman; 12-01-2011 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Remove private email
Old 12-01-2011, 02:35 AM

Doris, good day. My name is Alexander. I am from Russia. Sorry(excuse) for my English - I don't speak on English. I use online the translator.
From what source(book) I can find drawings of a decor (carving) as it looked before repair (restoration). I have found only a decor (carving) of a stern and a nasal figure As it looked before repair (restoration) and where you took drawings of a decor of that (carving) that on a deck and along boards? Excuse if the answer to my question already was discussed in this forum - to me very difficultly to translate it. If probably send me please drawings decor (carving) on mail emial removed If it not probably say me where I can them download or buy. In advance thanks for the answer.

Aleksander

Last edited by Texman; 12-01-2011 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Remove personal email
Old 08-30-2012, 12:59 PM

Any advice on building the model

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORIS View Post
Hello everybody!
Because my thread was lost, so I decided make it again and share my hobby with You.
Let me introduce myself, I īm a woman from the Czech Republic and one of my best hobbies is paper modelling. I started to build first paper models when I was only six, but still like it and I try to learn more and improve.
My newest paper model presents famous sailing-ship HMS Victory. I shape her according to historical appearance from cca 1798, but some parts I had to create by my own. There are many differences compared present Vicīs look, but I try to make a unique model with gilded decoration and original wooden look. Process started in September 2009, now I make masts and ropes. Victory is my dreamed ship.
Excuse, please, my English, Iīm learning this language and want to improve.
Last photos:

Doris
Hi Doris another member was kind enough to send me links to your posting. I just purchased the same kit and was wondering if yo9u have any advice on building it. Would welcome and suggestions.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:58 AM

The only thing I can say is: WOW!

Wish their was a paper model of the CSS Alabama.
Google Adsense