PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Hi Mike. I have got a Match Craft model of a Riverboat. I know it's not exactly what you have in mind - and also the fact that it's not Paper... but match sticks are wood and paper comes from wood.... sooooo if you want the kit and it doesn't cost a fortune to send it over the pig pond to you, you are very welcome to it my friend It's all there.. the plans + glue + cutter and of course the match sticks. You could build her and post a WIP in the OTHER THINGS WE MAKE AND DO forum.
ah memories I done that years ago well got partly done then abandoned and started designing my own matchstick formula one car all thanks to a no longer printed formula one magazine it looked good was about fourteen inches long took about five months and a lot of matchsticks since used during the cold snap to keep me from freezing to death
Old 03-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post
Disney Experience has the Mark Twain here Mark Twain Riverboat Paper Model

and if you can find a copy there is Maly Modelarz's version of the Mark Twain
I'm just now seeing this. This is one I have to build. I used to watch these boats go up and down the Mississippi when I was a lad, they used to hold races every year up until about 15-20 yrs ago. thanks for the links.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Darf Model sells their riverboat stern wheeler on eBay for a very reasonable pride $20 including the laser cut frames. Shipping is also reasonable

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-River-Scale-1-100-Draf-Model-laser-cut-set-2-/290366604383?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439b32 c45f

Jim Nunn
Old 03-30-2012, 07:50 PM

Interesting. Those photos look like they're from the first Riverworld series. I found another pic from it here: Movie Photos: The trusty riverboat Not-For-Hire.

SyFy did two separate adaptations based on Riverworld- a few years apart. I guess they wanted to give the concept another try, but the second apparently didn't do any better than the first. I saw the first, but not the second.

Wade
Old 03-30-2012, 08:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
This was a great movie but they played it like a tv show with them airing the movie in tv show length parts and then showing it in full movie form later then showing it each day at different Times to make sure every one got a chance to watch it with their different schedules
Google Adsense
Old 03-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Banned

McHale, this is a really nice model. The Vapor Surubi, (Vapor is the word used for Steamboat). It's also free!!

This is the Homepage (lots of cool models here): Modelismo Naval - Uruguay

This page has the model: Modelismo Naval - Uruguay (Surubi)

Click on "Archivo de Graficos" for the model and click on "Archivo de Instrucciones" for the Instructions.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
I have the Darf model Jim mentioned above, have not started it yet but I know from looking through the pages it is first class quality
Old 03-31-2012, 07:01 AM

Check out the movie "BLOOD ALLEY" with JOHN WAYNE. It was filmed in the CALIFORNIA DELTA.That is the kind of boat featured. papersurprise50
Old 04-01-2012, 08:45 AM

RIVERBOAT in OREGON

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchale View Post
hi does anybody know where i can find a riverboat like the one in the pics
If you contact the OREGON tourism dept they may be able to put you onto a nice little riverboat,the "COLUMBIA GORGE" it,s by F.RICHARD DRESSLER under COLLECTIVE MARITIME REPLICAS INC.She,s a neat little boat and everything is ,of course, in full color. Though,in building her I would recommend laminating ALL the pages with fine cardstock.The parts are unusually delicate otherwise .The kit also gives you the option of a colored printed "drum" for the paddle wheel or you can build it of the individual pieces included.She,s a neat little boat,as I,ve said and this is going to be number two.I hope to find at least two more.Each one more detailed than the last.There is a lot of room for detail. good luck on your search. papersurprise50