Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Tunny
Bonjour Alain,

Ca fait bien longtemps, vous faites toujours de belles maquettes

Tuấn.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Thanks for the tip

Corrugating paper has been an ongoing project for me - I'd like to be able to generate as much and at whatever size (spacing and height) I might need. I tried using two identical bottle caps that had ridging around their sides as opposing 'gears' that I then ran a strip of paper through. The result actually was quite nice, so the basic concept is workable only I need to use it for full paper sheets which requires a much longer pair of "rollers". Even with access to a lathe, it would present a challenge to create (from brass or aluminum rod) evely spaced grooves along a length of 8-10 inches.

Since many early aircraft builders experimented or used corrugated aluminum sheet for skinning (the Martin B-10 & Ford Trimotor come to mind), I would like to replicate those materials. But this will continue to be a search for a workable tool.
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 08-20-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunny View Post
Bonjour Alain,

Ca fait bien longtemps, vous faites toujours de belles maquettes

Tuấn.
Merci Tuân, je recommence peu à peu à construire de nouvelles maquettes.

amitiés

Alain.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeach84 View Post
Corrugating paper has been an ongoing project for me - I'd like to be able to generate as much and at whatever size (spacing and height) I might need. I tried using two identical bottle caps that had ridging around their sides as opposing 'gears' that I then ran a strip of paper through. The result actually was quite nice, so the basic concept is workable only I need to use it for full paper sheets which requires a much longer pair of "rollers". Even with access to a lathe, it would present a challenge to create (from brass or aluminum rod) evely spaced grooves along a length of 8-10 inches.

Since many early aircraft builders experimented or used corrugated aluminum sheet for skinning (the Martin B-10 & Ford Trimotor come to mind), I would like to replicate those materials. But this will continue to be a search for a workable tool.
Hi!

I have used a plastic piece of corrugated iron scaled for HO trains (1/87) and sheets of stain.
I polished the sheet on the plastic piece of corrugated roof, and it gives the aspect of corrugated iron desired.
I then glue it on wood or papercard, and paint it with acrylic paints.

But it is easier to use cookies paper! (nevertheless better for big scales like 1/32).

Regards

Thanh Thuy.