PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 09-05-2010, 01:24 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
The 2010 USS Independence (LCS-2) 1:200 build race

USS Independence build race for 44 year old crazy Irish men :D Thats what the brother in law said when he seen the number of pages and what day I plan on having her finished and in the post. Not going to be easy this but I love a challenge and this is going to be fun. So far I have most of if printed ran out of ink with two pages left to print why did i do the helicopters anyway first, could have left them to last really ah well mistakes happen.

on sale for ten dollars at Ecardmodels 1/200 LSC2 USS Independence - ECardmodels.com Shop
the kit has 52 pages
33 pages with parts.

USS Independence (LCS-2), the class prototype for the Independence-class littoral combat ship, will be the sixth ship of the United States Navy to be named for the concept of independence. It is the design competitor produced by the General Dynamics consortium, in competition with the Lockheed Martin-designed USS Freedom, the prototype for the Freedom-class littoral combat ship. It is intended as a small assault transport with a variety of capabilities depending on the mission module installed. The ship is a trimaran design capable of over 40 knots (74 km/h; 46 mph), and will probably be delivered to the US Navy at the end of 2009.
Google Adsense
Old 09-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Eternal Member

well started anyway i am going to get as much done till i get to the parts I didn't print due to running out of ink.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2010 USS Independence (LCS-2) 1:200 build race-dscf0024.jpg   The 2010 USS Independence (LCS-2) 1:200 build race-dscf0025.jpg  
Old 09-06-2010, 05:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Good luck with all of that.

I think it is a Polish plot devised by that Gutzmer fellow to take over the world by internet downloads of overly complex and inexpensive models.

Perhaps you could convince the brother in law to sponsor this construction project to the tune of a new set of ink jet cartridges.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Glad to see someone starting this. I've been wanting to build this myself but just been procrastinating.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmks2000 View Post
Glad to see someone starting this. I've been wanting to build this myself but just been procrastinating.

It looks hard when you look at all them pages doesn't it. I gulped in fact and thought opps this is harder than the Uboat I have that ready printed plan on a start of that during the winter but got a few printed kits on the way and I admit it I get parcel fever and have at times just went for what is in the parcel. oh distracted look at that lovely coloured wrapping
Google Adsense
Old 09-06-2010, 08:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
I have this ship about 3/4 finished....definately not an easy model! I have made many changes to the construction methods, and completely changed some of the parts to make them buildable! But, all in all, it is a pretty good kit. Trent knows far more about this vessel than I! I am willing to share some points, if asked.

Jim
Old 09-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVA View Post
I have this ship about 3/4 finished....definately not an easy model! I have made many changes to the construction methods, and completely changed some of the parts to make them buildable! But, all in all, it is a pretty good kit. Trent knows far more about this vessel than I! I am willing to share some points, if asked.

Jim
I know it is tough I have no idea how the hull is done at all at the moment why i am doing the rest that and they seem to be the pages not printed.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2010 USS Independence (LCS-2) 1:200 build race-dscf0026.jpg   The 2010 USS Independence (LCS-2) 1:200 build race-dscf0027.jpg  
Old 09-06-2010, 08:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVA View Post
I have made many changes to the construction methods, and completely changed some of the parts to make them buildable!

Jim
i must say aside from some very small parts i didnt find anything that was unbuildable. could you clarify?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:18 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
following with much interest!

I must ask - who is this polish fellow with the same name as me? Maybe I have a doppleganger! Sounds like a bright guy though :D
Chris
Old 09-07-2010, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing View Post
i must say aside from some very small parts i didnt find anything that was unbuildable. could you clarify?
I should have used a different word than buildable. What I did was change some parts to better suit my skills!

I will gather some photos one of these days, and post them to illustrate my changes.

Meanwhile, I must say I am pretty happy with this kit. It is turning out to be an attractive model of an interesting ship. Where you came up with all the details, sizes, etc. is amazing. I tried to find details on the internet to add here and there, but nothing that would allow me to design this boat....even if I had the design skills.

Jim
Google Adsense