PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 06-08-2022, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.93 MB
Abbaye de Fontenay
Attached Thumbnails
Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-cover-3-web.19.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-font-097-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-font-098-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-font-099-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-font-100-web.jpg  

Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-font-102-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-font-103-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-font-104-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-font-105-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-font-107-web.jpg  

Old 06-08-2022, 09:03 AM

Cathedrale de Reims
Attached Thumbnails
Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-cover-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-bau-112-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-bau-113-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-bau-114-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-bau-115-web.jpg  

Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-bau-116-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-bau-117-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-bau-118-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-bau-119-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-bau-122-web.jpg  

Old 06-08-2022, 09:13 AM

Here are some pictures of the complete model.
Attached Thumbnails
Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-01-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-02-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-05-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-06-web.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rei-10-web.jpg  

Old 06-08-2022, 09:31 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Beautiful work Adolph.
I think my favorite is the “Cathedrale de Reims”.
I notice you have many “large” projects. Where do you store them?

Mike
Old 06-11-2022, 01:40 PM

It's not just the really big models
that need to be accommodated

In our small row house there are many rooms,
which I may enrich with models.
Only the living room and the bedroom of my wife are taboo.

In my craft room and in my bedroom many models hang under the ceiling or stand on shelves.

In recent months, I've taken to hanging architectural models on the walls.
An invaluable space is also the so-called attic of our house.

Greetings
Adolf Pirling
Google Adsense
Old 06-11-2022, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
What an amazing collection, built to such a high standard. Thanks for sharing the images. There's so many in your collection I hope to build.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:52 AM

In recent months, I've taken to hanging architectural models on the walls.
Attached Thumbnails
Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-20220419_094144-kopie.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-20220503_114728.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-20220503_115047.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-20220503_115014.jpg  
Old 06-12-2022, 08:35 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
I like it.
Much better than hanging paintings.
Old 06-21-2022, 04:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.52 MB
Hanging on the walls

In 1814, the Prussians came back to their homeland with the relief-map of Lille, North France, 1:600, North France, as a war prize, and somebody got the idea of hanging it on a wall of the Arsenal in Berlin. As the plan was oversized considering the available space, they took the decision to shorten it, cutting off most of the areas outside the town itself, and now, the plan is half of what it was before. Well done... could they imagine by that time that Germany would be one day 2/3 of what it was before....?
As you can see on one of the pictures, the model can be split in different parts for easy storage or moving, a good idea to put forward again, aiming at those of us lacking room and overcrowded with models everywhere.

The same way, the Nightwatch painted by Rembrandt is not so large now as it was in its early days, there is always somebody somewhere to find a clever outcome to those problems.
On my side, to avoid these extreme and cruel experiences as much as I can, I always rate nr1, when buying a car, the trunk, the biggest is the better. Considering this aspect, my present car is top ranked, and moreover, convertible, and for 13 years now, it had never been so easy to me to move my stuff from somewhere to elsewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-plan-de-lille-1.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-plan-de-lille-2.jpg   Architectural models of L' Instant Durable-rembrandt-nightwatch.jpg  
Old 06-21-2022, 04:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.52 MB
Hanging on the walls

Why not gluing the models onto the ceiling? This idea came to me just after having written the previous message.