PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 10-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by didier69 View Post
Definitevely, make a diaorama it's a very good idea. I'm not enough creative and scratch builder to do the same .
Thanks didier69. I like to do dioramas on some of my models. The size is a good indicator for making one. I would like to do a Mega diorama, but living space will not allow it, plus it takes up too much room and will limit the amount of models made.

Here are some pics of a maintenance I did earlier with the viper model from jaybats and paragon. The Viper is heavily modified but the main plans are a mix of Jays and paragon.

I always say that a model by itself is just a model on a shelf, But a model in action/diorama, tells a story.
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-aa.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-ab.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-ac.jpg  
Old 10-11-2009, 07:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Very cool! Nice details. To tell the truth, I probably wouldn't comment if the Viper was posted by itself, but the diarama definately caught my imagination!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Eternal Member

Maintenance Bay

That is all you need Clashter, Imagination. Speaking of imagination, here are a few more updates.
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-026.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-027.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-028.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-029.jpg  
Old 10-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Eternal Member

Maintenance Bay

Still more details. It is coming along nicely and there is still more stuff to add.
Started on the diagnostic equipment, and a work table. Put them to the side to set and finished off the barrels with their hose attachments. i ams still working on the figures, but that is for a separate thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-030.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-031.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-032.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-033.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-034.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-035.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-036.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-037.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-038.jpg  
Old 10-11-2009, 07:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
wow, now i think paper modeling is the ultimate art form. only movies are as expressive, but very few movies allows a single artist total freedom on content. even Lucas and Spielberg relies on armies of staff to help them design the details.

this is a great build thread
Google Adsense
Old 10-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Eternal Member

Maintenance Bay

You flatter me Marksolo, I have seen what those guys can do, but then, it is the only thing that they do. Truly masters of the professions, from the designers to the ones who take the blueprints and make it work.

Here is an update on how to make those fire extinguishers. this is the small portable one but the procedure is the same as the other ones.

I take piece of paper stick (from a Q-tip) and use that as the base form. Take a strip of paper and wrap it around to the desired thickness. A small portion of the paper stick should stick out. This will be the base for the gauge, release handle and the hose.

The hose for the big ones I made from rolling a strip of paper between my fingers but for this one, I used a thick strand of thread. The gauge is a punched out circle and the handle is a small strip of paper. The coloring was done with red acrylic. The thin stripe was a thin strip of label sticker colored yellow. (This gives it a more straight line than coloring it in) The same was done with the label on the side.
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-039.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-040.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-041.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-042.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-043.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-044.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-045.jpg  
Old 10-12-2009, 07:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Every post you make exposing your work is educational. I am really enjoying this opportunity to improve my own modeling efforts!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:18 AM

Oh I see, now i have motivation to clean my ears, and clean them often too
Old 10-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksolo View Post
Oh I see, now i have motivation to clean my ears, and clean them often too

I am not sure about the ear thing, but maybe cleaning bifocals. After all, this is a visual environment and very little audio.:D:D:D:D
Old 10-12-2009, 11:54 AM

i dont know, just looking at your diorama i can hear metals clanking, steam venting, mechanics cussing, its almost...... alive
Google Adsense