PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > Site News

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Will agree with the others: I can live with the data loss, I can live better with the forum back. Besides I may actually get a chance to catch up with the current postings.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to SEBRET
"catch up with the current postings"

Too True, Too True. lol

Although now there is going to be a flood of new ones to make up for the void. Better hurry!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:12 AM

Man am I glad to see my ole friend back, PM. Every time I turned the computer on, I had gone to the site soooo much, until the computer would just go there on it's own to see if you were back. I agree w/everyone else, better to have lost some post than to have lost the place to post:(. So, welcome back PM and welcome to all my friends, that's everyone here that I have not got to talk to this week. Again thanks, Jason I know it took alot of work to get this back to the point you were able to get. May the bird of paradise nest upon thy head for your reward! And to think he did this while trying to finish his house. You tha man. Rick:D:D:D:D:D:D
Old 02-20-2010, 11:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Jason

Please, don't' apologize. I've working in IT for 25 years now and I can tell this kind of things happens even in the best controlled it environments.

You bring us a place to interchange opinions and work from our favorite hobby for FREE. You worked hard for many nights trying to get the backup restored, you did a lot.

Thanks, thanks and thanks Jason
Alcides
Old 02-20-2010, 11:20 AM

Man, I was starting to shake, sweat, couldn't see straight and even had to take some immodium the withdrawals were so bad! I even went out on a limb and took some Zeal*t to stop the sickness! The Horror!!
Jason, thanks for sticking to it and getting us back up again. I appreciate it so much and Rick, thank you too for keeping us out of the dark and fielding all the questions.

Now I'm happy again
Ron
Old 02-20-2010, 11:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.19 MB
Jason

Thankyou for your time and effort in getting the site back up. The withdrawal symptoms are easing off now

5.6GB upload!! I don't even want to think about it. Many thanks again

Steve
Old 02-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Facilitator

Total Downloaded: 368.13 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Turner View Post
Good thing Jason is that the site is back up....I'm sure many members were going through withdrawls. LOL!

Question though, if you had nightly backups like the one that was corrupted, would others before and after that one also be corrupted?

Maybe shrinking down the allowable file size of photos may help in keeping the backup size down. Another board I post to keeps photo file size to 150KB and 1024px on the longest side....anything larger on either criteria wont allow the photo to be uploaded.
All files going back to when the problems were first encountered on the 26th had corruption issues. The size is mostly due to the photos and downloads, or at least 3.8 GB of it. We were also storing them in the database, but have since moved them to the file system, which will shrink the size of the nightly downloads and I can always schedule a job to sync the attachments folder so only the added or changed files are backed up. It is a work in progress and will help to improve things, at least on the back end.

Jason
Old 02-20-2010, 11:41 AM

Did I miss something?!! Where did all the posts go?!!.....

Thanks Jason, job well done!

Mike
Old 02-20-2010, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Jason Many thanks for you work and efforts to back on line the forum, for me is the best on the net.

Congratulations and thank's again

Péricles aka Gomidefilho
Old 02-20-2010, 12:34 PM

Thanks Jason, for disabling Hal.

Glad to see that not all was lost and I do appreciate all your hard work and dedication even more now.

Whew!

Terry
Google Adsense
Closed Thread