PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Software

Old 04-29-2011, 11:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Pepakura PDO reader and x64 OS

hey i have a problem, i want to do a build, and the file is a pdo. I tried to avoid them up until now, but i was looking at this awesome model of the m72 law in the download section, and my fingers are itching i tell ya

The problem is, Pepakura viwer does not support 64 bit operating systems, and since i cant open it, i cant convert it by printing it into a PDF.

to be more specific, Im running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on an Asus UL80VT laptop. I wouldnt think this would matter tho.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I tried to download the zip file without the installer, it opens up fine, but it says the PDO file is not compatible because it was made with a newer version of pepakura. Thats really weird, maybe there is an archived ( zipped, rared) file of the new version around?

Press ENTER to look up in Wiktionary or CTRL+ENTER to look up in Wikipedia
Google Adsense
Old 04-29-2011, 12:01 PM

ok nevermind, i have found a solution, and i will promptly post it.

If you have a 64 bit windows and trouble installing pepakura viewer 3, download it here

Free Pepakura Viewer Download

it comes with its own installer from brothersoft, and it works smoothly

enjoy
Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

I have Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I built this machine 6 weeks ago. I have Pepkura Viewer installed and had no problem reading any .PDO files so far. I installed it from The Pepakura Website using their installer. It works flawlessly. I would recommend trying to download it again. First delete all traces of it, then re-install the installer. It may come up saying it was not installed properly and ask you if it can reinstall again, let it. It should work fine after that. If it works with W7Pro, it will definitely work with W7.Ultimate, as that has more compatibility built into it.

Pepakura Designer
Old 04-29-2011, 10:43 PM

the thing was, i couldnt even install it. Like, the installer wasnt working on x64. It even says actually it wont work on 64 bit, i saw it after i downloaded

Code:
== Requirements ==
      (Officially supports 32bit OS only.)
Old 04-30-2011, 07:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
m 72 law is in download section as a Hi Res pdf. No conversion necessary
Google Adsense
Old 04-30-2011, 11:20 AM

yeah and i saw that afterwards too hehe. but its more extensive than i thought, 40 pages

and...i dont wanna complain, since its free and all, but it doesnt really seem high-res. the warning sign for example is really blurry. and some stuff appears mirrorred...
Old 05-01-2011, 07:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
I have the High Resolution of Pepakura and opened up the PDO. It is mirrored in the PDO. backwards and I'm pretty sure the PDF file is a print out of the PDO. file. This was most likely Uv mapped from an image onto this model which would account for most of what you see. I think you might have to scatch build one to get where you want to be, or at least a repaint.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:16 AM

I mean it certainly is a nice build, but it seems somewhat unfinished...and i believe the pictures are from an actual L72, not he paper model...

some stuff was also a bit sketchy to me, the little flaps going in all directions and overlapping. It would really benefit from a nice fixing it up =)